TNT made the announcement during last night’s season 1 finale. The network had previously said it would return in 2013. And here’s a good reason why. Dallas is cable’s #1 new drama with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 for the year-to-date. The Southfork reboot also is right behind TNT’s Perception among cable’s top new series of the year-to-date among total viewers. For its first season, Dallas averaged 4.5 million viewers in live plus same day delivery, with 1.4 million adults 18-49 and 1.8 million adults 25-54. TNT says the first season ended with 4.3 million viewers for last night’s episode — up 32% over last week’s episode. The show also scored significant growth over last week among key demos, with adults 18-49 up 58% to 1.6 million and adults 25-54 up 49% to 1.9 million. Cynthia Cidre and Michael M. Robin serve as executive producers on the series created by David Jacobs. Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman, all from the original, star in the rebooted series that features the next generation of Ewings who take ambition and deception to a new level. TNT did not announce an exact date for the return, only that it would debut in January.
TNT: 'Dallas' Season 2 Premieres In January, Ends Season 1 With 4.3M Viewers
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video