TNT made the announcement during last night’s season 1 finale. The network had previously said it would return in 2013. And here’s a good reason why. Dallas is cable’s #1 new drama with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 for the year-to-date. The Southfork reboot also is right behind TNT’s Perception among cable’s top new series of the year-to-date among total viewers. For its first season, Dallas averaged 4.5 million viewers in live plus same day delivery, with 1.4 million adults 18-49 and 1.8 million adults 25-54. TNT says the first season ended with 4.3 million viewers for last night’s episode — up 32% over last week’s episode. The show also scored significant growth over last week among key demos, with adults 18-49 up 58% to 1.6 million and adults 25-54 up 49% to 1.9 million. Cynthia Cidre and Michael M. Robin serve as executive producers on the series created by David Jacobs. Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman, all from the original, star in the rebooted series that features the next generation of Ewings who take ambition and deception to a new level. TNT did not announce an exact date for the return, only that it would debut in January.
TNT: 'Dallas' Season 2 Premieres In January, Ends Season 1 With 4.3M Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- ‘Riverdale’: Robin Givens Cast As Riverdale’s Mayor In The CW Series
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’: Ryan Lochte, Laurie Hernandez, Rick Perry Compete This Season
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions