TNT made the announcement during last night’s season 1 finale. The network had previously said it would return in 2013. And here’s a good reason why. Dallas is cable’s #1 new drama with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54 for the year-to-date. The Southfork reboot also is right behind TNT’s Perception among cable’s top new series of the year-to-date among total viewers. For its first season, Dallas averaged 4.5 million viewers in live plus same day delivery, with 1.4 million adults 18-49 and 1.8 million adults 25-54. TNT says the first season ended with 4.3 million viewers for last night’s episode — up 32% over last week’s episode. The show also scored significant growth over last week among key demos, with adults 18-49 up 58% to 1.6 million and adults 25-54 up 49% to 1.9 million. Cynthia Cidre and Michael M. Robin serve as executive producers on the series created by David Jacobs. Patrick Duffy, Linda Gray and Larry Hagman, all from the original, star in the rebooted series that features the next generation of Ewings who take ambition and deception to a new level. TNT did not announce an exact date for the return, only that it would debut in January.
TNT: 'Dallas' Season 2 Premieres In January, Ends Season 1 With 4.3M Viewers
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC