After the invigorating Indonesian action film The Raid, it’s nice to see star Joe Taslim getting the chance to step up in Hollywood and play the villain in Justin Lin’s The Fast And The Furious 6, opposite Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson. His character is a cold blooded killer who uses martial arts and parkour skills to fight against the Fast crew. It is reminiscent of Jet Li making his step up in Lethal Weapon 4, a showcase which made him a star here. Taslim, a Judo martial arts champ who lives in Jakarta, was discovered by director Gareth Evans who made him one of the leads in The Raid. That film, which became a festival favorite, got him signed by ICM Partners.
'The Raid's Joe Taslim On 'Fast' Track
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Participant Media Wins Auction For Rupert Wyatt’s ‘Captive State’
- Emma Stone Hopes ‘La La Land’ Will Inspire Young People To Ditch Cynicism – Venice
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- ‘La La Land’ Venice Review: A Gorgeous Musical Romance For This Age – And The Ages
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’