After the invigorating Indonesian action film The Raid, it’s nice to see star Joe Taslim getting the chance to step up in Hollywood and play the villain in Justin Lin’s The Fast And The Furious 6, opposite Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson. His character is a cold blooded killer who uses martial arts and parkour skills to fight against the Fast crew. It is reminiscent of Jet Li making his step up in Lethal Weapon 4, a showcase which made him a star here. Taslim, a Judo martial arts champ who lives in Jakarta, was discovered by director Gareth Evans who made him one of the leads in The Raid. That film, which became a festival favorite, got him signed by ICM Partners.
'The Raid's Joe Taslim On 'Fast' Track
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump