After the invigorating Indonesian action film The Raid, it’s nice to see star Joe Taslim getting the chance to step up in Hollywood and play the villain in Justin Lin’s The Fast And The Furious 6, opposite Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson. His character is a cold blooded killer who uses martial arts and parkour skills to fight against the Fast crew. It is reminiscent of Jet Li making his step up in Lethal Weapon 4, a showcase which made him a star here. Taslim, a Judo martial arts champ who lives in Jakarta, was discovered by director Gareth Evans who made him one of the leads in The Raid. That film, which became a festival favorite, got him signed by ICM Partners.
'The Raid's Joe Taslim On 'Fast' Track
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount