After the invigorating Indonesian action film The Raid, it’s nice to see star Joe Taslim getting the chance to step up in Hollywood and play the villain in Justin Lin’s The Fast And The Furious 6, opposite Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson. His character is a cold blooded killer who uses martial arts and parkour skills to fight against the Fast crew. It is reminiscent of Jet Li making his step up in Lethal Weapon 4, a showcase which made him a star here. Taslim, a Judo martial arts champ who lives in Jakarta, was discovered by director Gareth Evans who made him one of the leads in The Raid. That film, which became a festival favorite, got him signed by ICM Partners.
'The Raid's Joe Taslim On 'Fast' Track
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release