After the invigorating Indonesian action film The Raid, it’s nice to see star Joe Taslim getting the chance to step up in Hollywood and play the villain in Justin Lin’s The Fast And The Furious 6, opposite Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and Dwayne Johnson. His character is a cold blooded killer who uses martial arts and parkour skills to fight against the Fast crew. It is reminiscent of Jet Li making his step up in Lethal Weapon 4, a showcase which made him a star here. Taslim, a Judo martial arts champ who lives in Jakarta, was discovered by director Gareth Evans who made him one of the leads in The Raid. That film, which became a festival favorite, got him signed by ICM Partners.
'The Raid's Joe Taslim On 'Fast' Track
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
Latest Film News
- Oscar-Winning Producer Dan Jinks Says Let’s Snub The Snubs – Guest Column
- Magnolia Picks Up Gustav Möller’s ‘The Guilty’ After Sundance Bow
- Ari Aster, Writer-Director Of Sundance Midnight Pic ‘Hereditary’, Inks With WME
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- ‘The Long Dumb Road’: Jason Mantzoukas Discovers Some Mindblowing Details About The ‘Fast & Furious’ Pics…
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…