A man arrested with weapons over the weekend at an Ohio theater showing The Dark Knight Rises faces 21 charges, CNN reports. Scott A. Smith, 37, was arrested Saturday with a gun, ammunition and knives at the Regal theater in Westlake, Ohio and is due in court tomorrow facing two counts of carrying a concealed weapon and 19 counts related to carrying weapons “under disability”, which refers to prescription drugs Smith was taking, prosecutors said. A search of Smith’s home turned up more weapons and survivalist gear. Smith’s arrest follows the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado where a young man is charged with killing 12 people and wounding 58 at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20.
Man Arrested At Ohio Screening Of 'Dark Knight Rises' Faces 21 Weapons Charges
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department
- James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Han, Chewy & Lando Save The Day In Rip-Roarin’ Origin Story
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- Lobo Sebastian Cast In ‘The Mule & ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Corporate Animals…
- ‘Star Wars’ Boba Fett Spinoff Said To Be Back On Track With James Mangold