A man arrested with weapons over the weekend at an Ohio theater showing The Dark Knight Rises faces 21 charges, CNN reports. Scott A. Smith, 37, was arrested Saturday with a gun, ammunition and knives at the Regal theater in Westlake, Ohio and is due in court tomorrow facing two counts of carrying a concealed weapon and 19 counts related to carrying weapons “under disability”, which refers to prescription drugs Smith was taking, prosecutors said. A search of Smith’s home turned up more weapons and survivalist gear. Smith’s arrest follows the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado where a young man is charged with killing 12 people and wounding 58 at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20.
Man Arrested At Ohio Screening Of 'Dark Knight Rises' Faces 21 Weapons Charges
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Jordan Peele’s ‘Get Out’ Jumps To $33.4M Opening – Monday AM Box Office Update
- Steve Harvey To Warren Beatty: “Call Me”
- Oscars: Global Media Reacts To Best Picture Blunder
- Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can’t Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
- Iran & France Praise Asghar Farhadi’s Foreign Language Oscar Win (& Boycott)
- Rose Garnett Named BBC Films Chief