A man arrested with weapons over the weekend at an Ohio theater showing The Dark Knight Rises faces 21 charges, CNN reports. Scott A. Smith, 37, was arrested Saturday with a gun, ammunition and knives at the Regal theater in Westlake, Ohio and is due in court tomorrow facing two counts of carrying a concealed weapon and 19 counts related to carrying weapons “under disability”, which refers to prescription drugs Smith was taking, prosecutors said. A search of Smith’s home turned up more weapons and survivalist gear. Smith’s arrest follows the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado where a young man is charged with killing 12 people and wounding 58 at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20.
Man Arrested At Ohio Screening Of 'Dark Knight Rises' Faces 21 Weapons Charges
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest Film News
- Gravitas Ventures Grabs ‘Bieber Generation’ Docu; Freestyle Digital Media Acquires ‘Live Or Die In La Honda…
- The 16-Year Journey To Release For Duncan Jones And ‘Mute’ – Q&A
- ‘Goosebumps 2’: Madison Iseman, Ben O'Brien, Caleel Harris & Jeremy Ray Taylor Set As Leads
- Skydance Media Taps ‘Tangled’s Nathan Greno In Multiyear Deal, Will Direct ‘Powerless’
- Global Road Entertainment Acquires Action Thriller ‘Hotel Artemis,’ Ensemble Led By Jodie Foster
- ‘Dunkirk’ Cinematographer Hoyte Van Hoytema On Christopher Nolan’s Visceral Approach To Cinema