A man arrested with weapons over the weekend at an Ohio theater showing The Dark Knight Rises faces 21 charges, CNN reports. Scott A. Smith, 37, was arrested Saturday with a gun, ammunition and knives at the Regal theater in Westlake, Ohio and is due in court tomorrow facing two counts of carrying a concealed weapon and 19 counts related to carrying weapons “under disability”, which refers to prescription drugs Smith was taking, prosecutors said. A search of Smith’s home turned up more weapons and survivalist gear. Smith’s arrest follows the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado where a young man is charged with killing 12 people and wounding 58 at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20.
Man Arrested At Ohio Screening Of 'Dark Knight Rises' Faces 21 Weapons Charges
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Gets Pioneer Of The Year Award, Urges Diversity And Inclusion – CinemaCon
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon