A man arrested with weapons over the weekend at an Ohio theater showing The Dark Knight Rises faces 21 charges, CNN reports. Scott A. Smith, 37, was arrested Saturday with a gun, ammunition and knives at the Regal theater in Westlake, Ohio and is due in court tomorrow facing two counts of carrying a concealed weapon and 19 counts related to carrying weapons “under disability”, which refers to prescription drugs Smith was taking, prosecutors said. A search of Smith’s home turned up more weapons and survivalist gear. Smith’s arrest follows the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado where a young man is charged with killing 12 people and wounding 58 at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20.
Man Arrested At Ohio Screening Of 'Dark Knight Rises' Faces 21 Weapons Charges
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession