A man arrested with weapons over the weekend at an Ohio theater showing The Dark Knight Rises faces 21 charges, CNN reports. Scott A. Smith, 37, was arrested Saturday with a gun, ammunition and knives at the Regal theater in Westlake, Ohio and is due in court tomorrow facing two counts of carrying a concealed weapon and 19 counts related to carrying weapons “under disability”, which refers to prescription drugs Smith was taking, prosecutors said. A search of Smith’s home turned up more weapons and survivalist gear. Smith’s arrest follows the tragedy in Aurora, Colorado where a young man is charged with killing 12 people and wounding 58 at a midnight showing of The Dark Knight Rises on July 20.
Man Arrested At Ohio Screening Of 'Dark Knight Rises' Faces 21 Weapons Charges
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest Film News
- ‘Band Aid’ Sundance Clip: Zoe Lister-Jones & Adam Pally Turn A Couple’s Grief Into Song
- ‘Bushwick’ Clip: Dave Bautista Fights To Survive Civil War In Sundance Thriller
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Tackle Best Actress Race
- Sundance: Park City Will Be “Under Siege” For Women’s March With Huge Crowd Expected
- Slamdance Docu ‘Supergirl’ Sells To FilmRise
- Alexandra Shipp Negotiating For Lead Role In Fox 2000’s ‘Simon Vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda’