EXCLUSIVE: Terrence Howard has signed up to A Girl and a Gun. In the modern LA thriller, the Oscar nominee will play the lead of Ian, a hustler with big Hollywood dreams who’s going nowhere fast until he intervenes in a mugging and get pulled in to a world of intrigue. Juno Temple, who appeared in The Dark Knight Rises as Anne Hathaway’s sidekick, is in talks to appear in the film. A Girl and a Gun is directed and written by Filip Jan Rymsza. Brent Travers is producing with Rymsza and his Royal Road Entertainment partner Liz Federowicz. The movie is scheduled to start filming in LA this fall. Howard will also appear in the upcoming Dead Man Down with Colin Farrell, Noomi Rapace and Dominic Cooper, which is out next spring, as well as in Lullaby with Amy Adams and Garrett Hedlund. The Hustle and Flow actor is set to star in Fellini Black and White with Tony Award-winner Nina Arianda and Lee Daniels’ White House drama The Butler with Robin Williams, Jane Fonda, John Cusack, Lenny Kravitz Alan Rickman and more. He also stars in Robert Redford’s The Company You Keep and Walter Salles’ On The Road. Howard is repped by CAA and Ascend Entertainment.
Terrence Howard Joins 'A Girl And A Gun'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Patten
- Google Slams MPAA, Sony & Other Studios' Secret Efforts To “Censor” Internet
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members
- Sony Hit With Third Hacking Class Action Lawsuit By “Left In The Dark” Ex-Employees
- Sony Has “No Further Release Plans” For 'The Interview' On VOD Or Elsewhere
- North Korea Behind Massive Cyber Attack Against Sony, Feds Say
- 'The Interview' Press Screenings In NYC & DC Now Cancelled; NATO OKs Theaters “Delay” Showing Pic – Update