This is not a good sign. TBS this morning announced the long-delayed premiere of Wedding Band, giving the hourlong comedy a burnoff Saturday night slot. Wedding Band, from FremantleMedia and Mike Tollin Prods., will launch on Saturday, Nov. 10, eighteen months after it was picked up to series, at 10 PM. Wedding Band was developed as part of TBS’ 2010 shift from half-hour to hourlong comedies, which produced two series, Franklin & Bash, which migrated to sibling TNT, and Wedding Band. Wedding Band was ordered to series in May 2011. Shortly thereafter, TBS abandoned the hourlong comedy strategy, returning to half-hour sitcoms with Men At Work and Sullivan & Son. Now, with off-network half-hour sitcom The Big Bang Theory firing on all cylinders, TBS’ development and programming is focused entirely on half-hour comedies, making Wedding Band the odd man out. Thus the Saturday time slot in mid-November when many series start to wrap their originals heading into the less watched holiday season. Still, Wedding Band will get some support with Big Bang reruns as a lead-in. Wedding Band, created by Darin Moiselle and Josh Lobis, centers on the bromance of four likable but occasionally reckless young men (Brian Austin Green, Harold Perrineau, Peter Cambor and Derek Miller) who can’t figure out their own lives.
TBS' 'Wedding Band' Gets Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $177M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Moana' Keeps Fire Going In Chilly December Weekend; 'Manchester' & 'Jackie' Bask In Awards Season Rays
Latest TV News
- Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls ‘SNL’-Watching Prez-Elect “Terrifying Lunatic”…
- Netflix’s ‘Marvel’s Luke Cage’ Gets Season 2, No Return Date Set
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Emma Stone, Still Up Vs. 2015
- Kellyanne Conway Tells ‘Meet The Press’ She’s Gracious, Humble & Not A Sore Winner
- ‘SNL’ Hunts For Elusive Hillary, Host Emma Stone Finds True Christmas Savior
- Donald Trump Still Hates Alec Baldwin’s ‘SNL’ Impression, Tweets It “Can’t Get Any Worse”