This is not a good sign. TBS this morning announced the long-delayed premiere of Wedding Band, giving the hourlong comedy a burnoff Saturday night slot. Wedding Band, from FremantleMedia and Mike Tollin Prods., will launch on Saturday, Nov. 10, eighteen months after it was picked up to series, at 10 PM. Wedding Band was developed as part of TBS’ 2010 shift from half-hour to hourlong comedies, which produced two series, Franklin & Bash, which migrated to sibling TNT, and Wedding Band. Wedding Band was ordered to series in May 2011. Shortly thereafter, TBS abandoned the hourlong comedy strategy, returning to half-hour sitcoms with Men At Work and Sullivan & Son. Now, with off-network half-hour sitcom The Big Bang Theory firing on all cylinders, TBS’ development and programming is focused entirely on half-hour comedies, making Wedding Band the odd man out. Thus the Saturday time slot in mid-November when many series start to wrap their originals heading into the less watched holiday season. Still, Wedding Band will get some support with Big Bang reruns as a lead-in. Wedding Band, created by Darin Moiselle and Josh Lobis, centers on the bromance of four likable but occasionally reckless young men (Brian Austin Green, Harold Perrineau, Peter Cambor and Derek Miller) who can’t figure out their own lives.
TBS' 'Wedding Band' Gets Premiere Date
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’: Colin Jost & Michael Che Named Co-Head Writers Of NBC Show
- Donald Trump Looks Like A Real Winner If Disney & Fox Deal Gets Done
- TV Academy Reclassifies Variety Special Emmy Categories; Splits Some Costume, Directing & Sound Editing Fields
- White House: Those Calling Trump’s Tweet Harassment Have Minds “In Gutter”
- ‘The Punisher’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- ‘City On A Hill’: Jill Hennessy Among Four Regulars Cast In Ben Affleck & Matt Damon's Showtime Drama Pilot