After a late and relatively quiet start of this year’s selling season with no major bidding wars so far, a single-camera comedy is garnering a lot of attention. The project, from Sony Pictures TV and studio-based Happy Madison, reunites the creator of last season’s midseason NBC comedy Bent, Tad Quill, with the series’ male lead David Walton. The single-camera firehouse comedy, written by Quill and to star Walton, has been pitched to all four major networks, ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS, with all of them expressing strong interest. There haven’t been formal offers yet as the pitch process has just concluded, but the project is expected to land multiple bids. Quill and Walton first worked together on the 2010 NBC comedy Perfect Couples, on which Walton played one of the leads and Quill served as co-executive producer.
Tad Quill Comedy Project Starring David Walton Heats Up The Broadcast Marketplace
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV
- Frances Berwick To Lead NBCU Lifestyle Networks, Adding Oversight Of E! & Esquire; Adam Stotsky Named E! GM