After a late and relatively quiet start of this year’s selling season with no major bidding wars so far, a single-camera comedy is garnering a lot of attention. The project, from Sony Pictures TV and studio-based Happy Madison, reunites the creator of last season’s midseason NBC comedy Bent, Tad Quill, with the series’ male lead David Walton. The single-camera firehouse comedy, written by Quill and to star Walton, has been pitched to all four major networks, ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS, with all of them expressing strong interest. There haven’t been formal offers yet as the pitch process has just concluded, but the project is expected to land multiple bids. Quill and Walton first worked together on the 2010 NBC comedy Perfect Couples, on which Walton played one of the leads and Quill served as co-executive producer.
Tad Quill Comedy Project Starring David Walton Heats Up The Broadcast Marketplace
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Buying Season 2014 Goes In Reverse: Comedies Wrapping, Dramas Far From Done
- CBS' 'Madam Secretary' Off To OK Start – RATINGS RAT RACE
- John Krasinski Sells 2 Comedies To NBC
- '11/22/63′ Drama From J.J. Abrams Based On Stephen King's Novel Gets Hulu Series Order
- Flashback: 'Friends' Premiered 20 Years Ago Today
- It's Official: AMC Picks Up Channel 4 Series 'Humans'