After a late and relatively quiet start of this year’s selling season with no major bidding wars so far, a single-camera comedy is garnering a lot of attention. The project, from Sony Pictures TV and studio-based Happy Madison, reunites the creator of last season’s midseason NBC comedy Bent, Tad Quill, with the series’ male lead David Walton. The single-camera firehouse comedy, written by Quill and to star Walton, has been pitched to all four major networks, ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS, with all of them expressing strong interest. There haven’t been formal offers yet as the pitch process has just concluded, but the project is expected to land multiple bids. Quill and Walton first worked together on the 2010 NBC comedy Perfect Couples, on which Walton played one of the leads and Quill served as co-executive producer.
Tad Quill Comedy Project Starring David Walton Heats Up The Broadcast Marketplace
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Family Comedy Starring Rev Run & Justine Simmons With Big Commitment
- ‘Penn & Teller: Fool Us’, ‘Whose Line Is It Anyway?’ & ‘Masters Of Illusion’ Renewed For Summer On…
- Viacom Labs Sets First Livestream-To-TV Series For 2017
- ‘Weaveworld’: Josh Stolberg To Write New CW Adaptation Of Clive Barker’s Book
- Thomas Haden Church Signs With CAA
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Adds Valarie Pettiford, Ashton Holmes & Chiké Okonkwo