After a late and relatively quiet start of this year’s selling season with no major bidding wars so far, a single-camera comedy is garnering a lot of attention. The project, from Sony Pictures TV and studio-based Happy Madison, reunites the creator of last season’s midseason NBC comedy Bent, Tad Quill, with the series’ male lead David Walton. The single-camera firehouse comedy, written by Quill and to star Walton, has been pitched to all four major networks, ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS, with all of them expressing strong interest. There haven’t been formal offers yet as the pitch process has just concluded, but the project is expected to land multiple bids. Quill and Walton first worked together on the 2010 NBC comedy Perfect Couples, on which Walton played one of the leads and Quill served as co-executive producer.
Tad Quill Comedy Project Starring David Walton Heats Up The Broadcast Marketplace
What's Hot on Deadline
Venice Film Festival Sets Lido Launch For Aronofsky, Clooney, Del Toro, Payne & More As Awards Buzz Begins - Full List
James Franco & Maggie Gyllenhaal 1970s Porn HBO Series 'The Deuce': It's Not Misogyny, It's Business - TCA
Netflix 'Triple Frontier' Eyes August Start; Mark Wahlberg, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund, Pedro Pascal In Talks
Trevor Noah Discusses Donald Trump Transgender Troop Firing With Two Army Veterans On 'The Daily Show'
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Invites Transgender Comedian To Ding Donald Trump’s Military Ban On ‘Tonight Show’
- ‘Comrade Detective’ Trailer: Channing Tatum & Joe Gordon-Levitt Go Full Cold War In Amazon Spoof
- Tegna & TV One Set Daily Talk Show ‘Sister Circle’ For September Premiere
- Stephen Colbert Blasts Donald Trump For Firing Transgender Troops By Tweet
- NBCU’s Steve Burke Is “Skeptical” About OTT, Crows About Upfront Sales
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Helps Comcast Top Q2 Earnings Expectations, Video Subs Lag