After a late and relatively quiet start of this year’s selling season with no major bidding wars so far, a single-camera comedy is garnering a lot of attention. The project, from Sony Pictures TV and studio-based Happy Madison, reunites the creator of last season’s midseason NBC comedy Bent, Tad Quill, with the series’ male lead David Walton. The single-camera firehouse comedy, written by Quill and to star Walton, has been pitched to all four major networks, ABC, NBC, Fox and CBS, with all of them expressing strong interest. There haven’t been formal offers yet as the pitch process has just concluded, but the project is expected to land multiple bids. Quill and Walton first worked together on the 2010 NBC comedy Perfect Couples, on which Walton played one of the leads and Quill served as co-executive producer.
Tad Quill Comedy Project Starring David Walton Heats Up The Broadcast Marketplace
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- ‘Vera’s On The Case For Season 9; Fox Norway’s Dreyer Adds Sweden Remit – Global Briefs
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May…