I’ve learned that Syfy is finalizing a deal to acquire Canadian sci-fi drama Continuum. Last week, the 10-episode series was picked up by Syfy UK. Talks with the flagship US Syfy channel started shortly after Continuum‘s strong launch in Canada in late May. Its premiere on Showcase became the channel’s highest-rated episodic telecast ever with 900,000 total viewers and 427,000 adults 25-54. Continuum is a futuristic police drama starring Rachel Nichols as a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver. (Kind of like a time-shifted Life On Mars). Co-starring on the series, produced by Reunion Pictures in association with Shaw Media, are Victor Webster and Erik Knudsen.
Syfy To Acquire Canadian Sci-Fi Drama 'Continuum'
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While "Panderer To White Nationalists" He Worked For Still There
Scott Rudin Will Bring Denzel Washington Back To Broadway For 'The Iceman Cometh' Staged By George C. Wolfe
Universal $3B+ As 'Despicable' Franchise Takes Ani Crown; 'Wolf Warrior 2' Bests 'Avatar' Record - International Box Office
Hollywood Remembers Jerry Lewis: Robert De Niro, Martin Scorsese, Sandra Bernhard Honor King Of Comedy
Latest TV News
- ‘Mary Kills People’: Rachelle Lefevre & Ian Lake Join For Season 2 Of Lifetime Series
- BBC Sets Harry Styles Special; Omnia Options ‘Sarong Party Girls’ – Global Briefs
- John Oliver: Steve Bannon Ouster Unsatisfying While “Panderer To White Nationalists” He Worked For Still There
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Director On Tonight’s Game Changing Icy Episode & Season 8
- Apple Music’s ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Rocks To New ‘Game Of Thrones’ Opening
- Why ‘Hairspray Live!’ Costume Designer Mary Vogt Encouraged Her Dancers To Rip Their Clothes