I’ve learned that Syfy is finalizing a deal to acquire Canadian sci-fi drama Continuum. Last week, the 10-episode series was picked up by Syfy UK. Talks with the flagship US Syfy channel started shortly after Continuum‘s strong launch in Canada in late May. Its premiere on Showcase became the channel’s highest-rated episodic telecast ever with 900,000 total viewers and 427,000 adults 25-54. Continuum is a futuristic police drama starring Rachel Nichols as a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver. (Kind of like a time-shifted Life On Mars). Co-starring on the series, produced by Reunion Pictures in association with Shaw Media, are Victor Webster and Erik Knudsen.
Syfy To Acquire Canadian Sci-Fi Drama 'Continuum'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter Alleges Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her
- Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson & Archie Gips’ Unrealistic Ideas Taps Jonty Nash As Head Of Development
- ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate’s Claim That Network Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer…
- John Malkovich To Play Hercule Poirot In ‘The ABC Murders’ For BBC One
- Former ‘Bachelorette’ Star Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Show’s Masseuse