I’ve learned that Syfy is finalizing a deal to acquire Canadian sci-fi drama Continuum. Last week, the 10-episode series was picked up by Syfy UK. Talks with the flagship US Syfy channel started shortly after Continuum‘s strong launch in Canada in late May. Its premiere on Showcase became the channel’s highest-rated episodic telecast ever with 900,000 total viewers and 427,000 adults 25-54. Continuum is a futuristic police drama starring Rachel Nichols as a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver. (Kind of like a time-shifted Life On Mars). Co-starring on the series, produced by Reunion Pictures in association with Shaw Media, are Victor Webster and Erik Knudsen.
Syfy To Acquire Canadian Sci-Fi Drama 'Continuum'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Review: Fox's 'A Christmas Story Live!' Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To TV Audience
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Latest TV News
- BBC Lines Up Feature-Length Doc On Harvey Weinstein Scandal
- TV Review: Fox’s ‘A Christmas Story Live!’ Brings Oscar & Tony Winners Benj Pasek And Justin Paul To…
- Jay-Z’s Trayvon Martin Docuseries Sparks Feud Between Snoop Dogg And George Zimmerman
- Ex-Fox News Analyst Tamara Holder Blasts Rupert Murdoch As “Liar Or Delusional”, Says “Lives Destroyed”
- NFL Anthem Protests Week 15 – A Game Of Chicken Raises The League’s Stakes
- MSNBC Confirms 1999 Separation Payment To Female Staffer Following Chris Matthews’ Inappropriate Jokes