I’ve learned that Syfy is finalizing a deal to acquire Canadian sci-fi drama Continuum. Last week, the 10-episode series was picked up by Syfy UK. Talks with the flagship US Syfy channel started shortly after Continuum‘s strong launch in Canada in late May. Its premiere on Showcase became the channel’s highest-rated episodic telecast ever with 900,000 total viewers and 427,000 adults 25-54. Continuum is a futuristic police drama starring Rachel Nichols as a cop from the future who finds herself trapped in present day Vancouver. (Kind of like a time-shifted Life On Mars). Co-starring on the series, produced by Reunion Pictures in association with Shaw Media, are Victor Webster and Erik Knudsen.
Syfy To Acquire Canadian Sci-Fi Drama 'Continuum'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
Latest TV News
- Digital Domain Sets 360° Virtual Reality Livestream Of Democratic Convention
- AMC Networks Launching Five MENA Channels With Qatar’s beIN Pay TV Platform
- Stephen Colbert Kicks Off ‘Late Show’ DNC Week With Trippy Song And Dance
- Stephen Colbert Rushes DNC Podium With Security In Hot Pursuit
- Michelle Obama’s Stirring DNC Speech Gets Rousing Hollywood Reaction
- Bernie Sanders “Disappointed” But Offers Strong Endorsement Of Hillary Clinton – After Awhile