EXCLUSIVE: Syfy has handed out a pilot order to High Moon, an adaptation of John Christopher’s cult 1969 young-adult sci-fi novel The Lotus Caves. Veteran longform producer Robert Halmi Sr. and Pushing Daisies creator creator Bryan Fuller (Hannibal) executive produce the project, written/executive produced by Jim Danger Gray (Pushing Daisies). Canadian-based Reunion Pictures is producing the 90-minute pilot which is expected to begin production in Vancouver this fall. Reunion Pictures’ Matthew O’Connor, Lisa Richardson and Tom Rowe also exec produce. High Moon, which had been in development at Syfy for two years, creates a future where the countries of Earth have established colonies to mine the Moon’s resources. High Moon was started and developed by Susan Montford and Don Murphy of Angryfilms and their partner Cary Granat of Reel FX who will all EP along with Cary’s NY based brother Steve Granat who brought the book to everyone’s attention.When a new life form is discovered, chaos erupts as various factions race to uncover and exploit its powerful secrets. “This is a fresh and compelling vision of an exotic new world driven by character, intrigue and greed,” Syfy’s president original content Mark Stern said. Halmi Sr.’s The Halmi Co. will distribute the project worldwide outside of Canada. Halmi Sr. previously produced Syfy’s event productions Tin Man, Alice and Neverland.
SyFy Pilots 'The Lotus Caves' Adaptation With Bryan Fuller & Robert Halmi Sr.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- TLC Tackles Arranged Marriages, Doubles Down On Weddings, Babies, Fashion Disasters – Upfronts
- Discovery Family, Velocity & More Unveil New Series – Upfronts
- Animal Planet Looks To Vodka, Bigfoot, And More Muscular Conservation – Upfronts
- Rich Ross Unveils First Discovery Channel Programming Plans – Upfronts
- Discovery Takes Controlling Interest In Eurosport France
- ‘Grace And Frankie': First Photos From Netflix Comedy Starring Jane Fonda And Lily Tomlin