Dallas-based Big Headz Entertainment filed suit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against JMPB Inc. (aka MBP) and One Three Television, both of which have ties to prolific reality show producer Mark Burnett. The complaint alleges failure to properly account for revenues of the MTV show entitled Bully Beatdown. (You can read it here.) It claims MBP is controlled by Burnett and One Three TV also is controlled by Burnett as well as the assignee of MBP’s rights to Bully Beatdown. Big Headz says it initially entered into an agreement in 2007 to develop Bully Beatdown which aired on MTV in 2009 and 2010. Big Headz says it received from MPB in 2011 only three “incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading” financial reports which claimed that increased production costs resulted in zero payments because Bully Beatdown was operating at a loss. Big Headz wants a full access to MBP’s books and records relating to the series, but MBP and One Three rejected those requests. So Big Headz filed the lawsuit seeking payments, etc.
Lawsuit Against Mark Burnett Companies Seeks Payment For MTV's 'Bully Beatdown'
What's Hot on Deadline
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest TV News
- Ashley Sawyer Dies: MTV ‘Catfish’ Subject Was 23
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Video: Viewers Can Take The Lead In Virtual Reality
- Patti Davis Novel ‘The Earth Breaks In Colors’ To Be Adapted As Movie By ‘Mr. Church’ Writer
- ‘These Broken Stars’ Sci-Fi Series From Eric Balfour & Warren Littlefield Eyed By Freeform & Sky
- Refinery29 Launches In-House VR Production Studio – Newfront
- ‘Future Man’: Derek Wilson Cast In Hulu Comedy Pilot