Dallas-based Big Headz Entertainment filed suit today in Los Angeles Superior Court against JMPB Inc. (aka MBP) and One Three Television, both of which have ties to prolific reality show producer Mark Burnett. The complaint alleges failure to properly account for revenues of the MTV show entitled Bully Beatdown. (You can read it here.) It claims MBP is controlled by Burnett and One Three TV also is controlled by Burnett as well as the assignee of MBP’s rights to Bully Beatdown. Big Headz says it initially entered into an agreement in 2007 to develop Bully Beatdown which aired on MTV in 2009 and 2010. Big Headz says it received from MPB in 2011 only three “incomplete, inaccurate, and misleading” financial reports which claimed that increased production costs resulted in zero payments because Bully Beatdown was operating at a loss. Big Headz wants a full access to MBP’s books and records relating to the series, but MBP and One Three rejected those requests. So Big Headz filed the lawsuit seeking payments, etc.
Lawsuit Against Mark Burnett Companies Seeks Payment For MTV's 'Bully Beatdown'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Star Yvonne Strahovski: “Women's Rights Are Human Rights”…
- Erin Moran: “We Did Our Best”, Says Child Actor Advocate Paul Petersen
- Ex-Fox Anchor Alisyn Camerota Says Roger Ailes Sexually Harassed Her
- Bill O’Reilly Sets Podcast Return For Monday
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises