Stephen Gyllenhaal has signed as screenwriter and director of The Kennedy Detail, which focuses on the men of the Secret Service protective detail assigned to President John F. Kennedy. The project is targeted for a November 2013 release, coinciding with the 50th anniversary of the JFK assassination. “This is the project of a lifetime and I could not be more excited to be part of it,” said Gyllenhaal. “Everyone knows how this story ends, but the true stories told through the eyes of this extraordinary band of brothers, from JFK’s election to that awful day in Dallas, have never been told. It is time to share their perspective with the world”. Gyllenhaal has begun work on the script with his research including interviews with many of the surviving members of President Kennedy’s protective detail and their family members. The film will be based on the New York Times best-selling book The Kennedy Detail by former agent Gerald Blaine and award-winning journalist Lisa McCubbin, with a foreword by former agent Clint Hill. Hill has signed as a special advisor to the project, and McCubbin and Hill will be associate producers. The Kennedy Detail is being produced by Atchity Entertainment International (AEI) of Los Angeles, Atchity and Chi-Li Wong producers, and Ramos & Sparks Group of Tallahassee, Florida, with Richard Ramos and Robert Sparks producers. Production is expected to begin late January 2013.
Stephen Gyllenhaal To Pen, Direct 'The Kennedy Detail'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Focus World Cuffs ‘Cop Car'; ARC Bites ‘Walking Deceased'; Cinedigm Inks With Brand Inc
- Paul Scheer Heads To ‘Daddy’s Home’, Joins Brian Huskey In Musical ‘One Shot’
- Location Managers Guild Scouts Out Awards Nominations
- Chazz Palminteri Plans Stage Return In ‘Breaking Bobby Stone’
- Oscars: Margot Robbie & Miles Teller To Host Sci-Tech Awards
- Biz Strategist Victor Antonio Helps Families In Financial Crisis In New Spike TV Series