The acquisition of a majority stake in UK producer Left Bank Pictures brings Sony Pictures Television‘s British portfolio to four companies. Left Bank’s TV series include the Kenneth Branagh-starring Wallander, in partnership with the BBC, Sky drama Mad Dogs and the Sky/HBO Cinemax action series Strike Back. It’s also active in the feature sector, with credits that include the Luc Besson-directed The Lady and soccer drama The Damned United, which Sony Pictures Classics released in the U.S. Left Bank founders Andy Harries and Marigo Kehoe will remain at the company’s London office with Harries now reporting to SPT president of international production, Andrea Wong. SPT will also distribute Left Bank’s TV content and will have a first-look option on features. SPT is already entrenched in the UK via Gogglebox Entertainment, Victory Television and Silver River.
Sony Pictures Television Acquires UK's Left Bank Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- Judge Judy Sheindlin & CBS Sued Again Over Profits For Syndication’s Biggest Court Show
- Netflix Orders ‘Unbelievable’ Limited Series From Susannah Grant, Timberman/Beverly, Katie Couric…
- White House Takes Victory Lap On Senate Deal To End Government Shutdown
- Connie Sawyer Dies: Hollywood’s Oldest Working Actress Was 105
- T Group Productions Inks Co-Production Deal With Everywhere Studios