The acquisition of a majority stake in UK producer Left Bank Pictures brings Sony Pictures Television‘s British portfolio to four companies. Left Bank’s TV series include the Kenneth Branagh-starring Wallander, in partnership with the BBC, Sky drama Mad Dogs and the Sky/HBO Cinemax action series Strike Back. It’s also active in the feature sector, with credits that include the Luc Besson-directed The Lady and soccer drama The Damned United, which Sony Pictures Classics released in the U.S. Left Bank founders Andy Harries and Marigo Kehoe will remain at the company’s London office with Harries now reporting to SPT president of international production, Andrea Wong. SPT will also distribute Left Bank’s TV content and will have a first-look option on features. SPT is already entrenched in the UK via Gogglebox Entertainment, Victory Television and Silver River.
Sony Pictures Television Acquires UK's Left Bank Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series