The acquisition of a majority stake in UK producer Left Bank Pictures brings Sony Pictures Television‘s British portfolio to four companies. Left Bank’s TV series include the Kenneth Branagh-starring Wallander, in partnership with the BBC, Sky drama Mad Dogs and the Sky/HBO Cinemax action series Strike Back. It’s also active in the feature sector, with credits that include the Luc Besson-directed The Lady and soccer drama The Damned United, which Sony Pictures Classics released in the U.S. Left Bank founders Andy Harries and Marigo Kehoe will remain at the company’s London office with Harries now reporting to SPT president of international production, Andrea Wong. SPT will also distribute Left Bank’s TV content and will have a first-look option on features. SPT is already entrenched in the UK via Gogglebox Entertainment, Victory Television and Silver River.
Sony Pictures Television Acquires UK's Left Bank Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest TV News
- Ellen Pompeo On New ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Deal, The Show’s End Game & Legacy And Her Post-‘Grey’s’ Future…
- Former ‘Today’ Co-Host Ann Curry Not Surprised At Matt Lauer’s Ouster
- Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds…
- UK Production Group Argonon Acquires Like A Shot Entertainment & Staffs Up U.S. Division
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3