The acquisition of a majority stake in UK producer Left Bank Pictures brings Sony Pictures Television‘s British portfolio to four companies. Left Bank’s TV series include the Kenneth Branagh-starring Wallander, in partnership with the BBC, Sky drama Mad Dogs and the Sky/HBO Cinemax action series Strike Back. It’s also active in the feature sector, with credits that include the Luc Besson-directed The Lady and soccer drama The Damned United, which Sony Pictures Classics released in the U.S. Left Bank founders Andy Harries and Marigo Kehoe will remain at the company’s London office with Harries now reporting to SPT president of international production, Andrea Wong. SPT will also distribute Left Bank’s TV content and will have a first-look option on features. SPT is already entrenched in the UK via Gogglebox Entertainment, Victory Television and Silver River.
Sony Pictures Television Acquires UK's Left Bank Pictures
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Talks ‘Cocaine Godmother’ & True Ambition – Mipcom
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- NBCU And Snap Inc. Launch Digital Studio With Lauren Anderson Heading Content
- Jimmy Kimmel Returns To Brooklyn, Vowing To Be “As Artisanal As It Gets”
- Trevor Noah Probes Chicago Murder Rate To Kick Off ‘The Daily Show’ Windy City Week
- Univision Goes Dark On Verizon FiOS In Carriage Dispute