BREAKING: Sony Pictures is moving its Roland Emmerich-directed White House Down from November 1, 2013 to June 28, 2013. Sony has put its film right in the heat of the summer, and clearly the studio is trying to get ahead of Olympus Has Fallen, the Antoine Fuqua-directed thriller that Millennium Films has already in production. That film doesn’t have a date yet. Both films have been described as Die Hard in the White House. White House Down stars Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx, while Olympus Has Fallen stars Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart. The last time two distributors went at it with similarly themed projects that switched release dates was Universal’s Snow White And The Huntsman and Relativity’s Mirror Mirror. Nobody wants to be second, but in that case, Huntsman came later and fared better at the box office.
Sony Moves 'White House Down' Up To June 28, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Gets More Love Thursday Night Than Emma Watson-Tom Hanks Thriller 'The Circle' - Box Office
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Rockets To $22.3M Through Thursday – International Box Office
- How ‘Real Rocky’ Chuck Wepner Survived Ring Beatings And 14 Year Biopic Ordeal
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Adds Rafi Gavron & Michael Harney
- Mister Smith Boards Dionne Warwick Doc ‘Don’t Make Me Over’ — Cannes
- Director Jim Sheridan’s Next: ‘H-Block’ Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
- Rami Malek On The Run In 'Buster's Mal Heart'; Noomi Rapace Kidnapped In 'Rupture' – Specialty B.O. Preview