BREAKING: Sony Pictures is moving its Roland Emmerich-directed White House Down from November 1, 2013 to June 28, 2013. Sony has put its film right in the heat of the summer, and clearly the studio is trying to get ahead of Olympus Has Fallen, the Antoine Fuqua-directed thriller that Millennium Films has already in production. That film doesn’t have a date yet. Both films have been described as Die Hard in the White House. White House Down stars Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx, while Olympus Has Fallen stars Gerard Butler and Aaron Eckhart. The last time two distributors went at it with similarly themed projects that switched release dates was Universal’s Snow White And The Huntsman and Relativity’s Mirror Mirror. Nobody wants to be second, but in that case, Huntsman came later and fared better at the box office.
Sony Moves 'White House Down' Up To June 28, 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat
- Terry Zwigoff Signs With ICM Partners
- Shaun Grant To Adapt ‘Penguin Bloom’; Naomi Watts To Star
- Saban Films Ups Execs Jonathan Saba & Ness Saban
- Focus Buys Political Drama Pitch From ‘Novitiate’ Helmer Maggie Betts
- Bart & Fleming: As Daniel Day-Lewis Exits, Who Wears Greatest Living Actor Crown?