Companies run by Suzanne dePasse and other producers have filed suit in Los Angeles Superior Court against accounting firm Green Hasson Janks. They allege professional negligence in auditing and calculating profit participation from the TV series Sister, Sister. You can read the suit here. It alleges that between 1992 and 1994, producers Suzanne dePasse, Gary Gilbert, Sy Rosen and Fred Shafferman entered into individual contracts with Paramount to each receive a percentage of adjusted gross profits from Sister, Sister. The four in 2001 jointly hired accounting firm Sills & Adelmann which is now part of Green Hasson Janks to perform audits of studio accounting on their behalf. The participants allege they eventually discovered that a full audit had never been completed even after several years. The four participants claim they have incurred a loss of $5 million or more in profit participation as a result of negligence by the accounting firm. Sister Sister aired on ABC from 1994 to 1995and on the WB network from 1995 to 1999. It was created by Gilbert, Shafferman, and Kim Bass and produced by dePasse Entertainment and Paramount Television. The show was distributed initially by Paramount Domestic TV and later by CBS Television Distributors.
'Sister, Sister' Producers Sue Accounting Firm For Negligence In Audit Of Profits
What's Hot on Deadline
Pablo Escobar's Brother Urges Netflix To Change 'Narcos' Security Protocol After Death Of Location Manager
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Senator McCain Congratulates ‘Morning Joe’ For “10 Years Of Fake News”
- CBS Winning Battle For Australia's Ten Network
- ‘Lockwood & Co’: Big Talk Prods To Adapt Spooky YA Detective Series For Television
- Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A “Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’: How 32-Year-Old Book Became Timely Drama & Toast Of the Emmys
- Fox News Calls New Charles Payne Lawsuit “Shameful”; Accuser Claims Host Raped Her – Update