Sony Pictures’ White House Down has added Jason Clarke to its cast. The actor will play Stenz, the leader of the mercenaries who break into the Executive Mansion in the Roland Emmerich-directed thriller. Maggie Gyllenhaal stars in White House Down, as does Channing Tatum. The Magic Mike star plays the Secret Service agent who tries to stop the mercenaries’ takeover. Jamie Foxx plays the President. Sony bought the James Vanderbilt spec script for $3 million earlier this year. Bradley Fischer, Vanderbilt, Laeta Kalogridis, Emmerich, Larry Franco and Harald Kloser produce White House Down. Ute Emmerich and Reid Carolin are executive producing. The film begins production later this month in Montreal. Clarke has a busy fall. He’s part of the ensemble of Kathryn Bigelow’s upcoming film on the hunt for Bin Laden by Navy SEAL Team 6. He stars with Shia LaBeouf and Tom Hardy in the John Hillcoat-directed Lawless, and finishes the year with the Baz Luhrmann-directed The Great Gatsby with Leonardo DiCaprio. Clarke is repped by UTA, Robert Stein Management and attorney Peter Nelson.
Roland Emmerich's 'White House Down' Adds Jason Clarke To Cast
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit