Two more actors have joined the Doctor Who Christmas special that’s filming this week in Wales. Richard E. Grant is making his guest shot after playing the Doctor himself in the BBC’s 2003 online series Scream Of The Shalka. Also on board is Tom Ward who later this month exits the BBC’s Silent Witness after starring in the series since 2002. The Christmas special will introduce Jenna-Louise Coleman as the Doctor’s new companion. Who exec producer Steven Moffat wrote the special. Saul Metzstein, who’s helming a handful of episodes for the new season – and who just did second unit on Dredd 3D – is directing. Doctor Who returns to the BBC later this month and starts on BBC America in the fall.
Richard E. Grant, Tom Ward Board BBC's 'Doctor Who' Christmas Special
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?