Two more actors have joined the Doctor Who Christmas special that’s filming this week in Wales. Richard E. Grant is making his guest shot after playing the Doctor himself in the BBC’s 2003 online series Scream Of The Shalka. Also on board is Tom Ward who later this month exits the BBC’s Silent Witness after starring in the series since 2002. The Christmas special will introduce Jenna-Louise Coleman as the Doctor’s new companion. Who exec producer Steven Moffat wrote the special. Saul Metzstein, who’s helming a handful of episodes for the new season – and who just did second unit on Dredd 3D – is directing. Doctor Who returns to the BBC later this month and starts on BBC America in the fall.
Richard E. Grant, Tom Ward Board BBC's 'Doctor Who' Christmas Special
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- Shah Rukh Khan's 'Happy New Year' Released Direct To Fans Online
- ITV Invests In Ex-Maker CEO's Zealot Networks
- George Clooney, Jeremy Piven, Strip Poker & More In 'Downton' Charity Spoof (Video)
- Berlin Film Festival Ties On 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' International Premiere
- China Says It's Against Cyberterrorism; Stays Mum On North Korea, Helping U.S.
- 'Hobbit' Rules While Chinese, Indian And French Films Make Noise: Intl BO Update