This is the second time over the last 12 months that the president has split from Coinstar’s influential DVD kiosk unit. Gregg Kaplan, a Redbox co-founder, became interim president in July 2011 when another co-founder, Mitch Lowe, left. Kaplan is leaving “in order to pursue new opportunities,” the company says. He’ll be replaced on August 27 by Knowledge Universe Chief Marketing Officer Anne Saunders, although Kaplan will remain Coinstar’s COO until the end of March 2013. “I look forward to continuing to work closely with the teams, including our talented and dedicated employees around the country, to ensure a smooth transition in the months ahead,” he says. Prior to joining Knowledge Universe, Kaplan worked at Bank of America, Starbucks, and AT&T Wireless. Redbox has 38,500 kiosks in the U.S. and Canada. She’s taking charge as the company and Verizon plan to launch a national streaming video service: Redbox Instant by Verizon.
Redbox President Gregg Kaplan Replaced by Education Company Exec
What's Hot on Deadline
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: 'Wonder' Makes Awards Play; 'Dunkirk' Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig To Voters
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest Film News
- ‘Coco’ Cooking $71M+; ‘Justice League’ At $59M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $31M+: Black…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…