This is the second time over the last 12 months that the president has split from Coinstar’s influential DVD kiosk unit. Gregg Kaplan, a Redbox co-founder, became interim president in July 2011 when another co-founder, Mitch Lowe, left. Kaplan is leaving “in order to pursue new opportunities,” the company says. He’ll be replaced on August 27 by Knowledge Universe Chief Marketing Officer Anne Saunders, although Kaplan will remain Coinstar’s COO until the end of March 2013. “I look forward to continuing to work closely with the teams, including our talented and dedicated employees around the country, to ensure a smooth transition in the months ahead,” he says. Prior to joining Knowledge Universe, Kaplan worked at Bank of America, Starbucks, and AT&T Wireless. Redbox has 38,500 kiosks in the U.S. and Canada. She’s taking charge as the company and Verizon plan to launch a national streaming video service: Redbox Instant by Verizon.
Redbox President Gregg Kaplan Replaced by Education Company Exec
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
DNC Gavels In Calmly As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Named Convention Chair
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation
- Eddie Redmayne Joins Morten Tyldum In Black Bear’s ‘The Last Days Of Night’
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Brad Turell Exiting Paradigm To Launch Media Consulting Startup