Heading into the closing weekend of the XXX Summer Olympics one would expect some interesting ratings and viewership numbers, especially with the U.S. taking its medal count yesterday up to a first place 94. However, there seems to be a processing problem at Nielsen today so National Ratings and Viewership data for NBC’s primetime Olympic coverage of the London Games last night as well as other programming is not available. What is available is that the overnight for Friday’s primetime XXX Summer Games was 14.6/26. That’s up 17% from the comparable night of the 2008 Beijing Games, which had an overnight rating/share of 12.5/22. That 17% spread is the biggest any over night of this year’s games has had so far over the 2008 Games. In comparison to the same night during the first week of the 2012 Olympics, there has been a ratings drop in recent days. Last Friday’s 8:30 – 11:09 PM primetime broadcast of the London Games on NBC earned a 16.2/29 national rating/share and averaged 28.5 million viewers. Comprehensive data from NBC’s primetime broadcast last night is expected by Monday when we’ll also likely be looking at figures for Sunday’s events and the Closing Ceremony.
RATINGS RAT RACE: London Olympics Day 14 Up From Beijing Biggest So Far In Overnight Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' Is A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash