Heading into the closing weekend of the XXX Summer Olympics one would expect some interesting ratings and viewership numbers, especially with the U.S. taking its medal count yesterday up to a first place 94. However, there seems to be a processing problem at Nielsen today so National Ratings and Viewership data for NBC’s primetime Olympic coverage of the London Games last night as well as other programming is not available. What is available is that the overnight for Friday’s primetime XXX Summer Games was 14.6/26. That’s up 17% from the comparable night of the 2008 Beijing Games, which had an overnight rating/share of 12.5/22. That 17% spread is the biggest any over night of this year’s games has had so far over the 2008 Games. In comparison to the same night during the first week of the 2012 Olympics, there has been a ratings drop in recent days. Last Friday’s 8:30 – 11:09 PM primetime broadcast of the London Games on NBC earned a 16.2/29 national rating/share and averaged 28.5 million viewers. Comprehensive data from NBC’s primetime broadcast last night is expected by Monday when we’ll also likely be looking at figures for Sunday’s events and the Closing Ceremony.
RATINGS RAT RACE: London Olympics Day 14 Up From Beijing Biggest So Far In Overnight Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’