Heading into the closing weekend of the XXX Summer Olympics one would expect some interesting ratings and viewership numbers, especially with the U.S. taking its medal count yesterday up to a first place 94. However, there seems to be a processing problem at Nielsen today so National Ratings and Viewership data for NBC’s primetime Olympic coverage of the London Games last night as well as other programming is not available. What is available is that the overnight for Friday’s primetime XXX Summer Games was 14.6/26. That’s up 17% from the comparable night of the 2008 Beijing Games, which had an overnight rating/share of 12.5/22. That 17% spread is the biggest any over night of this year’s games has had so far over the 2008 Games. In comparison to the same night during the first week of the 2012 Olympics, there has been a ratings drop in recent days. Last Friday’s 8:30 – 11:09 PM primetime broadcast of the London Games on NBC earned a 16.2/29 national rating/share and averaged 28.5 million viewers. Comprehensive data from NBC’s primetime broadcast last night is expected by Monday when we’ll also likely be looking at figures for Sunday’s events and the Closing Ceremony.
RATINGS RAT RACE: London Olympics Day 14 Up From Beijing Biggest So Far In Overnight Ratings
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
Latest TV News
- Velocity Revs Up 2017-18 Programming Slate; Unveils 3 New Series; 13 Returning Franchises
- ‘Rescue Dog To Super Dog’ Unscripted Series Greenlighted By Animal Planet
- Amazon Lands Barry Jenkins & Plan B’s 'Underground Railroad' Limited Series
- FYI’s 2017 Programming Slate Includes Nine New Series, Five Returning Series
- 'Big Bang Theory’ Star Johnny Galecki Teams With Science Channel For 'SciJinks'
- ‘Cash Cab’: Revamped Series Returns To Discovery