Ron Palillo, who played Horschack on Welcome Back, Kotter, has died. He was 63. Welcome Back Kotter ran from 1975-1979 on ABC. Palillo’s role as one of the high school gang known as the Sweathogs was as the goofball. The series starred Gabe Kaplan as Brooklyn teacher Gabe Kotter. John Travolta, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs and Robert Hegyes, who passed away earlier this year, played the other Sweathogs. After Kotter ended. Palillo performed on Broadway and did artwork for children’s books. The past few years, Palillo taught freshman drama at the G-Star School for the Arts for Motion Pictures and Broadcasting in Palm Beach, Fla.
R.I.P. Ron Palillo
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'