Ron Palillo, who played Horschack on Welcome Back, Kotter, has died. He was 63. Welcome Back Kotter ran from 1975-1979 on ABC. Palillo’s role as one of the high school gang known as the Sweathogs was as the goofball. The series starred Gabe Kaplan as Brooklyn teacher Gabe Kotter. John Travolta, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs and Robert Hegyes, who passed away earlier this year, played the other Sweathogs. After Kotter ended. Palillo performed on Broadway and did artwork for children’s books. The past few years, Palillo taught freshman drama at the G-Star School for the Arts for Motion Pictures and Broadcasting in Palm Beach, Fla.
R.I.P. Ron Palillo
What's Hot on Deadline
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Originals’ Season Finale Ratings Even With 2016, ‘WWYD?’ Returns Steady
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’