Ron Palillo, who played Horschack on Welcome Back, Kotter, has died. He was 63. Welcome Back Kotter ran from 1975-1979 on ABC. Palillo’s role as one of the high school gang known as the Sweathogs was as the goofball. The series starred Gabe Kaplan as Brooklyn teacher Gabe Kotter. John Travolta, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs and Robert Hegyes, who passed away earlier this year, played the other Sweathogs. After Kotter ended. Palillo performed on Broadway and did artwork for children’s books. The past few years, Palillo taught freshman drama at the G-Star School for the Arts for Motion Pictures and Broadcasting in Palm Beach, Fla.
R.I.P. Ron Palillo
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest TV News
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- WGA Contract Talks Coming Down To Wire
- Amazon Near Pickups Of Comedy Pilots From Michael Patrick King, George Saunders & Diarra Kilpatrick
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Casts Raney Branch; Falk Hentschel Joins ‘The Alienist’
- Justice Department Settles Suit Over DirecTV’s Effort To Keep Dodgers Games Dark – Update
- Final Member Of Movie & Music Counterfeiting Ring Sentenced To Prison