Ron Palillo, who played Horschack on Welcome Back, Kotter, has died. He was 63. Welcome Back Kotter ran from 1975-1979 on ABC. Palillo’s role as one of the high school gang known as the Sweathogs was as the goofball. The series starred Gabe Kaplan as Brooklyn teacher Gabe Kotter. John Travolta, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs and Robert Hegyes, who passed away earlier this year, played the other Sweathogs. After Kotter ended. Palillo performed on Broadway and did artwork for children’s books. The past few years, Palillo taught freshman drama at the G-Star School for the Arts for Motion Pictures and Broadcasting in Palm Beach, Fla.
R.I.P. Ron Palillo
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Says Yes To No. 1, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, 'St. Vincent,' 'Birdman' Expansion Results - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- New York Television Festival Announces 2014 Winners
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC