Former NBC Universal International president Peter Smith has been tapped as CEO of Cineflix Studios, the scripted division of Cineflix Media. Cineflix Studios was launched in July 2010 with former AMC executive Christina Wayne at the helm as President. Wayne as well as Cineflix Studios president of production Vlad Wolynetz will now report to Smith. Cineflix Studios, whose first series, Copper, just premiered on BBC America, has offices in Los Angeles, New York and Toronto. Smith, who reports to Cineflix Media co-CEO Glen Salzman, will be based in London and is charged with expanding the company’s scripted presence in the UK, US and Canada with a focus on the British market. Smith stepped down as NBCU International president in 2011 in the fallout from the Comcast-NBC merger. (He stayed on as a consultant for another year.) At NBCU International, he was behind the company’s acquisition of Carnival Film & Television in 2008, which brought to the fold the ITV/PBS hit Downton Abbey.
Peter Smith Named CEO Of Cineflix Studios
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of a Call Girl' Creator
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations