Former NBC Universal International president Peter Smith has been tapped as CEO of Cineflix Studios, the scripted division of Cineflix Media. Cineflix Studios was launched in July 2010 with former AMC executive Christina Wayne at the helm as President. Wayne as well as Cineflix Studios president of production Vlad Wolynetz will now report to Smith. Cineflix Studios, whose first series, Copper, just premiered on BBC America, has offices in Los Angeles, New York and Toronto. Smith, who reports to Cineflix Media co-CEO Glen Salzman, will be based in London and is charged with expanding the company’s scripted presence in the UK, US and Canada with a focus on the British market. Smith stepped down as NBCU International president in 2011 in the fallout from the Comcast-NBC merger. (He stayed on as a consultant for another year.) At NBCU International, he was behind the company’s acquisition of Carnival Film & Television in 2008, which brought to the fold the ITV/PBS hit Downton Abbey.
Peter Smith Named CEO Of Cineflix Studios
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over