Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired the North American rights to Only The Young. The coming of age documentary follows three teens in a Recession-plaqued SoCal desert town. Jason Tippet and Elizabeth Mims directed Only The Young. The film premiered at this year’s True/False Film Festival. Only The Young went on to win the award for Best U.S. Feature at the AFI-Discovery Channel SilverDocs Documentary Festival. Derek Waters produced the film. Oscilloscope’s marketing, distribution and acquisitions chiefs David Laub and Dan Berger of negotiated the deal with UTA Independent Film Group, who represented Tippet and Mims.
Oscilloscope Picks Up 'Only The Young'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32M To $33M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps To $13.2M; 'Where I Leave You' No. 3
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Patten
- 'Utopia' Falls Hard Again On Second Friday – RATINGS RAT RACE
- Bravo Advertisers Targeted In 'Shahs Of Sunset' Strike
- 'Midnight Rider' Location Manager: No Plan “To Film A Scene On Active Railroad Tracks”
- Al Gore Sued Back By Al Jazeera America Over “Sham Lawsuit”
- CBS' 'Thursday Night Football' Falls Hard With Blowout, 'Biggest Loser' Down – RATINGS RAT RACE
- Disney Slams Expanding Autistic Kids Lawsuit — Claims “Irrelevant” Action More About Media Attention