Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired the North American rights to Only The Young. The coming of age documentary follows three teens in a Recession-plaqued SoCal desert town. Jason Tippet and Elizabeth Mims directed Only The Young. The film premiered at this year’s True/False Film Festival. Only The Young went on to win the award for Best U.S. Feature at the AFI-Discovery Channel SilverDocs Documentary Festival. Derek Waters produced the film. Oscilloscope’s marketing, distribution and acquisitions chiefs David Laub and Dan Berger of negotiated the deal with UTA Independent Film Group, who represented Tippet and Mims.
Oscilloscope Picks Up 'Only The Young'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- UPDATE: 'Survivor' Editors Ratify IATSE Contract With Mark Burnett Company
- Al Gore Claims “Financially Disastrous” Al Jazeera Decisions Are Why Cash From Current TV Sale Is Being Withheld
- NBCU Slammed In Second Age-Discrimination Lawsuit By Emmy-Winning Former KNBC Producer
- 'Criminal Minds' Star Sued By Ex-Manager Over Commissions
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'America's Got Talent' & 'Extreme Weight Loss' Down, 'Food Fighters' Rises As NBC Wins Night