Oscilloscope Laboratories has acquired the North American rights to Only The Young. The coming of age documentary follows three teens in a Recession-plaqued SoCal desert town. Jason Tippet and Elizabeth Mims directed Only The Young. The film premiered at this year’s True/False Film Festival. Only The Young went on to win the award for Best U.S. Feature at the AFI-Discovery Channel SilverDocs Documentary Festival. Derek Waters produced the film. Oscilloscope’s marketing, distribution and acquisitions chiefs David Laub and Dan Berger of negotiated the deal with UTA Independent Film Group, who represented Tippet and Mims.
Oscilloscope Picks Up 'Only The Young'
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Patten
- ICM Partners' Interns Lawsuit Mediation Set For December
- 'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Score For CBS, 'Bad Judge' Falls, 'Scandal' & 'How To Get Away With Murder' Steady, 'Reign' Up
- 'Transporter: The Series' Ratings OK For TNT Debut
- Aereo's Last Legal Hope Dashed As Court Grants Nationwide Injunction
- 'Constantine' Review: Dominic Patten Says Demon Drama Doesn't Catch Fire
- 'SNL' Intern Lawsuit Settlement: NBCU To Pay $6.4M With $1.2M Going To Lawyers