Bruce Davis, former executive director of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences, and producer Ron Yerxa are the new co-chairs of the Oscar foreign-language committee. The Academy confirmed that Davis and Yerxa are replacing producer Mark Johnson, who headed the committee for a dozen years. The new co-chairs will likely face continuing calls for tweaks to the selection process and eligibility requirements, which have evolved to include more well-reviewed and well-known movies. Yerxa’s producing credits include Little Miss Sunshine and Ruby Sparks.
OSCARS: Ron Yerxa, Bruce Davis Named Co-Chairs Of Foreign-Language Committee
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Awardsline News
- IDA Awards To Honor Marcel Mettelsiefen's ‘Watani: My Homeland’
- NBCUniversal Short Film Festival Finale Will Celebrate Diversity
- ‘Mudbound’, Pixar’s ‘Coco’ To Be Honored At Hollywood Film Awards
- Television Academy To Discuss Harvey Weinstein At Thursday Board Meeting, Calls Alleged Behavior “Abhorrent”
- Hollywood Celebrates Harvey Weinstein Academy Expulsion With Online Glee
- Movie Academy Votes To Expel Harvey Weinstein: Complicity “In Our Industry Is Over”