NuvoTV says the $40 million in funding comes from current investors as well as new financial partners, Veronis Suhler Stevenson and Tennenbaum Capital Partners, and will be used to expand original programming. “From our inception in 2004, NuvoTV has been dedicated to providing top-quality English-language entertainment targeting bi-cultural Latinos in the U.S. with contemporary, non-stereotypical formats and stories,” said Michael Schwimmer, nuvoTV CEO. “Our most recent financing is evidence of our success to date and our commitment to deliver unique and compelling original programming for our viewers.” This summer, nuvoTV debuted Fight Factory, a one-hour docu-series taking a look inside the world of top Latino MMA fighters. The network recently produced and aired We Decide: Latinos And The 2012 Election, which explored how this year’s presidential candidates are addressing critical issues facing America’s Latinos. The network is premiering three new programs in the fall: Mario Lopez One-On-One, The 7 Of Clubs and Curvy Girls. NuvoTV is currently available in 30 million homes in the U.S.
NuvoTV Secures $40M Financing For Expansion Of Programming
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'