Though he was expected to play the head of the facility that made the title character, Hugh Laurie is no longer going to star in the Robocop remake at MGM. The film, which stars Joel Kinnaman in the role originated by Peter Weller, is being directed by Jose Padilha and also stars Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Jackie Earle Haley, Abbie Cornish and Jay Baruchel. I’ve heard MGM is talking with a small group of actors to fill the role that Laurie was to play, including Clive Owen.
No Hugh Laurie For 'Robocop' Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Haim Saban Slams DNC Chair Hopeful Keith Ellison: “Anti-Semitic And Anti-Israel”
- Johnny Depp, Sam Raimi & Others Contribute To Film By 16-Year Old Cancer Patient
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: When Warren Met Kirk; #OscarsSoWhite A Thing Of The Past?