Though he was expected to play the head of the facility that made the title character, Hugh Laurie is no longer going to star in the Robocop remake at MGM. The film, which stars Joel Kinnaman in the role originated by Peter Weller, is being directed by Jose Padilha and also stars Gary Oldman, Samuel L. Jackson, Jackie Earle Haley, Abbie Cornish and Jay Baruchel. I’ve heard MGM is talking with a small group of actors to fill the role that Laurie was to play, including Clive Owen.
No Hugh Laurie For 'Robocop' Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Fleming Jr
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’