Netflix is partnering with The Weinstein Co’s Radius-TWC label for a multi-year output deal to start in early 2013. Among the titles to go through the deal are Bachelorette, the Leslye Hedland comedy that shot to #1 on iTunes after Radius sent it out in a pre-theatrical release on Aug 10. Along with that fruitful move, Radius-TWC heads Tom Quinn and Jason Janego have been making interesting acquisitions since the multi-platform releasing company was hatched back in February. Also on deck for the Netflix deal are Nicolas Winding Refn’s reteam with Ryan Gosling, Only God Forgives; Butter with Jennifer Garner; Sundance pic The Details and Stephen Frears’ Lay The Favorite. Announcing the deal, the pair said: “We could not be more excited about this partnership. Netflix is as enthusiastic as we are about bringing marquee entertainment across various genres to viewers on their own terms – when, where and how they want to see it.”
Netflix, Radius-TWC Ink Output Deal
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Review: Matt Damon Is Back On The Run – And That’s A Very Good Thing
- Rosamund Pike, Daniel Bruhl & Vincent Cassel In Talks To Board Jose Padilha’s ‘Entebbe’
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhou
- Tribeca Winner ‘Here Alone’ To Get Early 2017 Release Via Vertical Entertainment
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings