The gaffes just keep coming from the Numbskull Broadcasting Company’s tape-delayed London Olympics coverage. Turns out that live viewers of the women’s gymnastics’ team medal competition on Tuesday saw Russia’s Ksenia Afanasyeva go splat during her floor exercises. Which virtually handed the gold medal to the Americans early on. But NBC coverage edited out Afanasyeva’s dramatic fall from its Tuesday night broadcast, which in and of itself is unthinkable since she’s the reigning world champion for floor exercises. Her mistake devastated her Russian teammates, who were visibly shocked and upset to everyone but NBC viewers. Claims are that the network didn’t show it to create fake suspense around Team USA which was performing after the Russians and already ahead in the previous events. NBC also avoided showing the standings. This is a manipulative and insulting way to cover any sporting event.
NBC Edited Out Women's Gymnastics Fall To Create Fake Gold Medal Suspense
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'