There was a race on NBC tonight but it wasn’t simply an Olympic one. The network’s Chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd came on air at 9:22 PM PT during the XXX Summer Olympics to announce that NBC News was calling Rep. Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney’s choice of Vice-Presidential candidate for this year’s Presidential race. Coming right in the middle of NBC’s highly coveted primetime Olympic coverage, Todd along with Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell broke into a track and field relay that was on at the time. As far as can be determined, ABC, CBS and Fox did not break into the episodes of 20/20, CSI:NY and Bones that they were respectively playing.
NBC Breaks Into Olympics To Report Paul Ryan As Romney VP News
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- ‘Still the King’ Billy Ray Cyrus Comedy Series Canceled By CMT After 2 Seasons
- Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special Set For New Year’s Eve
- Adam McKay Reteams With Composer Nicholas Britell On Two Projects
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- ‘Nashville’ To End: Season 6 On CMT Will Be Country Drama Series’ Last
- ‘The Gifted’: Skyler Samuels Set To Recur In Fox’s Marvel Drama Series