There was a race on NBC tonight but it wasn’t simply an Olympic one. The network’s Chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd came on air at 9:22 PM PT during the XXX Summer Olympics to announce that NBC News was calling Rep. Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney’s choice of Vice-Presidential candidate for this year’s Presidential race. Coming right in the middle of NBC’s highly coveted primetime Olympic coverage, Todd along with Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell broke into a track and field relay that was on at the time. As far as can be determined, ABC, CBS and Fox did not break into the episodes of 20/20, CSI:NY and Bones that they were respectively playing.
NBC Breaks Into Olympics To Report Paul Ryan As Romney VP News
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
More From Patten
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit
- MPAA Hits “Shameful” Google Over Sony Hacking Revelations – Update
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members
- Sony Hit With Third Hacking Class Action Lawsuit By “Left In The Dark” Ex-Employees