There was a race on NBC tonight but it wasn’t simply an Olympic one. The network’s Chief White House correspondent Chuck Todd came on air at 9:22 PM PT during the XXX Summer Olympics to announce that NBC News was calling Rep. Paul Ryan as Mitt Romney’s choice of Vice-Presidential candidate for this year’s Presidential race. Coming right in the middle of NBC’s highly coveted primetime Olympic coverage, Todd along with Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Andrea Mitchell broke into a track and field relay that was on at the time. As far as can be determined, ABC, CBS and Fox did not break into the episodes of 20/20, CSI:NY and Bones that they were respectively playing.
NBC Breaks Into Olympics To Report Paul Ryan As Romney VP News
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special”
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Gretchen Carlson Inks Deal With A+E Networks For Documentary Specials