MTV has promoted its co-heads of Scripted Programming, VPs Justin Levy and Clay Spencer, to SVP, Scripted Series Programming. They will continue to report to MTV’s head of programming David Janollari. Levy, a champion of MTV’s breakout comedy Awkward, joined the network in 2008 from Peter Berg’s company Film44, where he oversaw development and produced Friday Night Lights, among other series. Spencer joined MTV in 2010. Prior to that he was VP drama development at the WB Network under Janollari where he helped develop and launch Supernatural. MTV recently renewed Teen Wolf and Awkward for supersized third seasons. Upcoming MTV scripted series under Levy and Spencer’s purvey include comedy The Inbetweeners, which debuts August 20; the upcoming comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright; and comedy Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous, featuring Bo Burnham.
MTV's Co-Heads Of Scripted Get SVP Stripes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'L.A. Confidential': Walton Goggins To Co-Star In CBS Drama Pilot; Anna Fricke Joins As Co-Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Working With Weinstein’ Doc Secures Just Under 1M Viewers With New Revelations And Interviews
- Gunpowder Sales; James Corden UK Deal; Fremantle/BBCW Benelux; All3M Australia – Global Briefs
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation