MTV has promoted its co-heads of Scripted Programming, VPs Justin Levy and Clay Spencer, to SVP, Scripted Series Programming. They will continue to report to MTV’s head of programming David Janollari. Levy, a champion of MTV’s breakout comedy Awkward, joined the network in 2008 from Peter Berg’s company Film44, where he oversaw development and produced Friday Night Lights, among other series. Spencer joined MTV in 2010. Prior to that he was VP drama development at the WB Network under Janollari where he helped develop and launch Supernatural. MTV recently renewed Teen Wolf and Awkward for supersized third seasons. Upcoming MTV scripted series under Levy and Spencer’s purvey include comedy The Inbetweeners, which debuts August 20; the upcoming comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright; and comedy Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous, featuring Bo Burnham.
MTV's Co-Heads Of Scripted Get SVP Stripes
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- Fareed Zakaria To Conan: Donald Trump Has Taken Over Media
- Jimmy Kimmel And Billy Blast Congress For Holding CHIP Hostage In Bid To Seal Billionaire Tax Cuts
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With…
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years
- CNN Suspends Ryan Lizza After New Yorker Cuts Ties Over “Improper Sexual Conduct”