MTV has promoted its co-heads of Scripted Programming, VPs Justin Levy and Clay Spencer, to SVP, Scripted Series Programming. They will continue to report to MTV’s head of programming David Janollari. Levy, a champion of MTV’s breakout comedy Awkward, joined the network in 2008 from Peter Berg’s company Film44, where he oversaw development and produced Friday Night Lights, among other series. Spencer joined MTV in 2010. Prior to that he was VP drama development at the WB Network under Janollari where he helped develop and launch Supernatural. MTV recently renewed Teen Wolf and Awkward for supersized third seasons. Upcoming MTV scripted series under Levy and Spencer’s purvey include comedy The Inbetweeners, which debuts August 20; the upcoming comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright; and comedy Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous, featuring Bo Burnham.
MTV's Co-Heads Of Scripted Get SVP Stripes
What's Hot on Deadline
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest TV News
- ABC Signs Talent Deal With NBA Pilot Star Blondy Baruti
- Kate Shepherd Named EVP Content At Contend
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs
- Former MTV Exec Joins CMT As SVP Communications
- ‘Halt And Catch Fire’ Season 2 Review: Series About Dawn Of Digital Era Returns With Way More RAM
- ‘19 Kids And Counting’ Spinoff May Be Spawned As TLC Wades Through Duggar Mess