MTV has promoted its co-heads of Scripted Programming, VPs Justin Levy and Clay Spencer, to SVP, Scripted Series Programming. They will continue to report to MTV’s head of programming David Janollari. Levy, a champion of MTV’s breakout comedy Awkward, joined the network in 2008 from Peter Berg’s company Film44, where he oversaw development and produced Friday Night Lights, among other series. Spencer joined MTV in 2010. Prior to that he was VP drama development at the WB Network under Janollari where he helped develop and launch Supernatural. MTV recently renewed Teen Wolf and Awkward for supersized third seasons. Upcoming MTV scripted series under Levy and Spencer’s purvey include comedy The Inbetweeners, which debuts August 20; the upcoming comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright; and comedy Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous, featuring Bo Burnham.
MTV's Co-Heads Of Scripted Get SVP Stripes
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Review: Elisabeth Moss-Led Adaptation Is Gripping, Chilling
- ‘Prison Break’ Revival Kills Off Major Character
- Stephen Colbert Likens Sean Spicer’s Press Briefings To Soap Opera ‘The Bold And The Babbling’
- Mark Consuelos Joins ‘Riverdale’ For Season 2; ‘Suits’ Casts Dulé Hill
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Fox News Strike Back At “Copycat” Racial Discrimination Suits From Staff – Update