MTV has promoted its co-heads of Scripted Programming, VPs Justin Levy and Clay Spencer, to SVP, Scripted Series Programming. They will continue to report to MTV’s head of programming David Janollari. Levy, a champion of MTV’s breakout comedy Awkward, joined the network in 2008 from Peter Berg’s company Film44, where he oversaw development and produced Friday Night Lights, among other series. Spencer joined MTV in 2010. Prior to that he was VP drama development at the WB Network under Janollari where he helped develop and launch Supernatural. MTV recently renewed Teen Wolf and Awkward for supersized third seasons. Upcoming MTV scripted series under Levy and Spencer’s purvey include comedy The Inbetweeners, which debuts August 20; the upcoming comedic drama Underemployed from Emmy-nominated creator Craig Wright; and comedy Zach Stone Is Gonna Be Famous, featuring Bo Burnham.
MTV's Co-Heads Of Scripted Get SVP Stripes
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Female Navy SEALs Drama Set At Fox With Basil Iwanyk Producing
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot