Universal Pictures has set dates for Mama and Rush and slightly shifted the Tom Cruise science-fiction adventure Oblivion. The supernatural thriller Mama “presented by Guillermo del Toro” and directed by Andres Muschietti has been dated January 18, 2013. It’s about two young girls who disappeared the day their mother was murdered but are subsequently rescued and taken in by a couple (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Jessica Chastain) who sense an unseen evil presence. The Ron Howard-directed Formula 1 racing drama Rush explores the real-life rivalry of James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Niki Lauda (Daniel Brhl). Oblivion, directed by Joseph Kosinski and co-starring Coster-Waldau), has moved a week earlier to April 19, 2013 from April 26 with a special IMAX exclusive debut set for April 12.
Universal Dates 'Mama', 'Rush' And Moves 'Oblivion' Earlier
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home
- ‘Rogue One’ Rises To $980M Global; ‘Passengers’ Takes Over Offshore No. 1 – International…
- Golden Globe Winners 'Moonlight' & 'Elle' Cash In – Specialty Box Office
- ‘La La Land’ Twirls Past $50M Overseas; Shines With $132M Global Box Office