Universal Pictures has set dates for Mama and Rush and slightly shifted the Tom Cruise science-fiction adventure Oblivion. The supernatural thriller Mama “presented by Guillermo del Toro” and directed by Andres Muschietti has been dated January 18, 2013. It’s about two young girls who disappeared the day their mother was murdered but are subsequently rescued and taken in by a couple (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau and Jessica Chastain) who sense an unseen evil presence. The Ron Howard-directed Formula 1 racing drama Rush explores the real-life rivalry of James Hunt (Chris Hemsworth) and Niki Lauda (Daniel Brhl). Oblivion, directed by Joseph Kosinski and co-starring Coster-Waldau), has moved a week earlier to April 19, 2013 from April 26 with a special IMAX exclusive debut set for April 12.
Universal Dates 'Mama', 'Rush' And Moves 'Oblivion' Earlier
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest Film News
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List
- ‘Superior Donuts’ Star Jermaine Fowler Cast In ‘Sorry To Bother You’
- OAZ Makes Daniel Abrams A Partner