Kevin Zegers has been added to the cast of The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones. The actor’s addition to the adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s fantasy series as tentative warrior Alec Lightwood was announced today on the author’s blog. “So yes, thank goodness, finally, all the paperwork is signed and I can tell you that YES IN FACT, YES ACTUALLY Alec is going to be Kevin Zegers”, wrote Clare Tuesday. The actor will join Lily Collins, Lena Headey, Jared Harris, among others in the Constantin Film and Screen Gems movie. Production is set to begin later this month up in Toronto. Harald Zwart will direct The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones from an adaptation by Jessica Postigo and Marlete King. Robert Kulzer and Don Carmody are producing. Bob Shaye and Michael Lynn are executive producing with Martin Moszkowicz. The film, based on the first book in Clare’s series, takes place in New York City. It follows a teen, played by Collins, who discovers she’s the descendant of the Shadowhunters, a secret band of young half-angel warriors who protect the world from demons. Zegers is repped by ICM Partners.
'Mortal Instruments' Adds Kevin Zegers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Coco' Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; 'Justice League' At $61M+; 'Wonder' Wows At $32M+: Friday AM Update
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
'Thursday Night Football' Ratings Down From Thanksgiving 2016, Macy's Parade Steady, 'Young Sheldon' Up
'Man Who Invented Christmas' Review: Dan Stevens & Christopher Plummer Turn Scrooge Origin Tale Into A Holiday Treat
Latest Film News
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…
- Denzel Washington & Dan Gilroy On Why ‘Roman J. Israel, Esq’ Never Left The ’60s Behind – The…
- ‘Loveless’ Director Andrey Zvyagintsev On Filmmaking In Modern-Day Russia
- ‘Coco’ Now Higher With $74M+ Thanks To A+ CinemaScore; ‘Justice League’ At $61M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $32M+: Friday…