Kevin Zegers has been added to the cast of The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones. The actor’s addition to the adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s fantasy series as tentative warrior Alec Lightwood was announced today on the author’s blog. “So yes, thank goodness, finally, all the paperwork is signed and I can tell you that YES IN FACT, YES ACTUALLY Alec is going to be Kevin Zegers”, wrote Clare Tuesday. The actor will join Lily Collins, Lena Headey, Jared Harris, among others in the Constantin Film and Screen Gems movie. Production is set to begin later this month up in Toronto. Harald Zwart will direct The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones from an adaptation by Jessica Postigo and Marlete King. Robert Kulzer and Don Carmody are producing. Bob Shaye and Michael Lynn are executive producing with Martin Moszkowicz. The film, based on the first book in Clare’s series, takes place in New York City. It follows a teen, played by Collins, who discovers she’s the descendant of the Shadowhunters, a secret band of young half-angel warriors who protect the world from demons. Zegers is repped by ICM Partners.
'Mortal Instruments' Adds Kevin Zegers
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards Set To Honor ‘Fast & Furious’ Franchise
- Sony’s Pictures Division Reports Loss Of $719M; Company’s Overall Net Profit Takes 50% Hit
- ‘Firestarter’: Stephen King Classic Reignites With Universal, Blumhouse & Akiva Goldsman Directing
- Tribeca Film Festival Winners: ‘Keep The Change’, ‘Bobbi Jene’ Tops
- Broad Green Pictures Hires Four Execs In Marketing & Legal Departments
- ‘Little Prince’s Mark Osborne & Scribe Adam Kline Link With Fox Animation For Two New Projects