Kevin Zegers has been added to the cast of The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones. The actor’s addition to the adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s fantasy series as tentative warrior Alec Lightwood was announced today on the author’s blog. “So yes, thank goodness, finally, all the paperwork is signed and I can tell you that YES IN FACT, YES ACTUALLY Alec is going to be Kevin Zegers”, wrote Clare Tuesday. The actor will join Lily Collins, Lena Headey, Jared Harris, among others in the Constantin Film and Screen Gems movie. Production is set to begin later this month up in Toronto. Harald Zwart will direct The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones from an adaptation by Jessica Postigo and Marlete King. Robert Kulzer and Don Carmody are producing. Bob Shaye and Michael Lynn are executive producing with Martin Moszkowicz. The film, based on the first book in Clare’s series, takes place in New York City. It follows a teen, played by Collins, who discovers she’s the descendant of the Shadowhunters, a secret band of young half-angel warriors who protect the world from demons. Zegers is repped by ICM Partners.
'Mortal Instruments' Adds Kevin Zegers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Latest Film News
- ‘UnReal’s Sarah Shapiro To Make Feature Directing Debut For JC Chandor And Amazon: About Females Who Fight Isis
- Iben Akerlie Cast In ‘Mortal’; Levi Meaden Joins ‘Breaking In’
- ‘Pacific Rim: Uprising’ Teaser Trailer: What Is A Jaeger?
- Matt Loeb Re-Elected IATSE President
- ‘Wonderstruck’ Teaser Trailer: Todd Haynes Winks At David Bowie
- Chester Bennington Dies In Apparent Suicide: Linkin Park Singer Was 41