Kevin Zegers has been added to the cast of The Mortal Instruments: City Of Bones. The actor’s addition to the adaptation of Cassandra Clare’s fantasy series as tentative warrior Alec Lightwood was announced today on the author’s blog. “So yes, thank goodness, finally, all the paperwork is signed and I can tell you that YES IN FACT, YES ACTUALLY Alec is going to be Kevin Zegers”, wrote Clare Tuesday. The actor will join Lily Collins, Lena Headey, Jared Harris, among others in the Constantin Film and Screen Gems movie. Production is set to begin later this month up in Toronto. Harald Zwart will direct The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones from an adaptation by Jessica Postigo and Marlete King. Robert Kulzer and Don Carmody are producing. Bob Shaye and Michael Lynn are executive producing with Martin Moszkowicz. The film, based on the first book in Clare’s series, takes place in New York City. It follows a teen, played by Collins, who discovers she’s the descendant of the Shadowhunters, a secret band of young half-angel warriors who protect the world from demons. Zegers is repped by ICM Partners.
'Mortal Instruments' Adds Kevin Zegers
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Only The Brave’: The Incredible Story Of Heroism And The Serendipity That Propelled The Film About The Granite…
- Channing Tatum Pulls ‘Forgive Me’ Film Project From The Weinstein Co.
- Johnny Depp Hits Ex-Lawyer With $30M Malpractice Suit While Fighting Ex-Biz Managers
- Los Angeles On-Location Filming Falls For Third Quarter In A Row
- Kevin Smith To Donate Dividends From Weinstein-Made Movies To Women In Film
- Los Angeles Film Festival Moving To Fall Starting In 2018