Morris Chestnut has been set for the male lead of Sony’s The Hive, opposite Halle Berry. He plays her love interest, a cop, in the Brad Anderson-directed thriller that also stars Abigail Breslin. At the same time, he has landed a strong role in Kick-Ass 2, essentially playing the guardian for the young butt kicker played by Chloe Moretz. The Hive focuses on a 911 call center: a hub of frenzied activity where desperate phone calls come in. When a call comes in from Hyden (Breslin) a kidnapped teen who is stuffed in a trunk, a veteran operator (Berry) takes the line, using her considerable skills to keep the girl calm, while trying feverishly to find the kidnapper before it’s too late. Chestnut, a regular on last season’s FX drama American Horror story, just wrapped the Universal comedy ID Theft opposite Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy. He was last seen on screen in Think Like A Man. He’s repped by Gersh and KLWGN Ent.
Morris Chestnut Books 'The Hive' And 'Kick-Ass 2'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Adam Sandler To Star In Film Quartet For Netflix, Which Continues To Thumb Nose At Theaters
- Warner Bros Connects With iPhone Salesman/Scribe's Pitch For 'I Am Legend' Reboot
- David O Russell Gets 2-Picture Deal With Megan Ellison's Annapurna
- Ice Cube Pitch 'Rocky Mountain High' In Bidding Battle
- Neil Diamond Signs With WME, First Agency In Three Decades
- Sony Pictures Wins 'The West', Mythology-Produced Pitch