Morris Chestnut has been set for the male lead of Sony’s The Hive, opposite Halle Berry. He plays her love interest, a cop, in the Brad Anderson-directed thriller that also stars Abigail Breslin. At the same time, he has landed a strong role in Kick-Ass 2, essentially playing the guardian for the young butt kicker played by Chloe Moretz. The Hive focuses on a 911 call center: a hub of frenzied activity where desperate phone calls come in. When a call comes in from Hyden (Breslin) a kidnapped teen who is stuffed in a trunk, a veteran operator (Berry) takes the line, using her considerable skills to keep the girl calm, while trying feverishly to find the kidnapper before it’s too late. Chestnut, a regular on last season’s FX drama American Horror story, just wrapped the Universal comedy ID Theft opposite Jason Bateman and Melissa McCarthy. He was last seen on screen in Think Like A Man. He’s repped by Gersh and KLWGN Ent.
Morris Chestnut Books 'The Hive' And 'Kick-Ass 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- WGA Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom
- 'Alien: Covenant' ‘Prologue’ Video Introduces The Colony Ship's Crew Before Cryosleep
- UTA Rally Speakers: Gavin Newsom, Jodie Foster, Keegan-Michael Key & More
- SAG-AFTRA “Disappointed” In Court Pausing IMDb Age Law
- Trevor Habberstad Dies: ‘X-Men’ & ‘Doctor Strange’ Stuntman Was 27
- Mark Gordon, ‘Narcos’ Helmer José Padilha Unite For Landmark Race Case Pic ‘Arc Of Justice’