Modern Family creator Steve Levitan wasted no time responding after Anne Romney revealed to Entertainment Tonight that the ABC sitcom was her favorite show. He took to Twitter and made her a tongue-in-cheek offer: “Thrilled Ann Romney says ModFam is her favorite show. We’ll offer her the role of officiant at Mitch & Cam’s wedding. As soon as it’s legal.” The remark was clearly a jab at her husband, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has made it clear he does not support gay marriage. No word yet if Anne Romney has responded to the offer. Mitt Romney will make his acceptance speech Thursday night, the final night of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida.
'Modern Family's Steve Levitan Offers Anne Romney Role As Gay Wedding Officiant In Tweet
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video