Modern Family creator Steve Levitan wasted no time responding after Anne Romney revealed to Entertainment Tonight that the ABC sitcom was her favorite show. He took to Twitter and made her a tongue-in-cheek offer: “Thrilled Ann Romney says ModFam is her favorite show. We’ll offer her the role of officiant at Mitch & Cam’s wedding. As soon as it’s legal.” The remark was clearly a jab at her husband, Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, who has made it clear he does not support gay marriage. No word yet if Anne Romney has responded to the offer. Mitt Romney will make his acceptance speech Thursday night, the final night of the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida.
'Modern Family's Steve Levitan Offers Anne Romney Role As Gay Wedding Officiant In Tweet
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump