The two-year overall deal was announced today. Mike Schur was a co-creator of NBC’s Parks & Recreation and spent the last four seasons as an Executive Producer/Showrunner on the show, which is currently in production on season five. Schur and fellow Parks & Rec writer-producer Dan Goor have a hot cop comedy pitch, which is attracting a lot of attention from the networks. Schur was previously a writer on The Office and made his way up the ranks to Co-Executive Producer, working on the show for four seasons and sharing in the Emmy Award for Outstanding Comedy Series. “Mike is the consummate showrunner—he is an amazing writer, has great leadership ability, strong producing skills, and he’s an all-around distinct creator,” said Bela Bajaria, EVP, Universal Television. We are thrilled to continue our relationship with Mike and are excited about the buzz-worthy projects Mike has in development.” Schur won his first Emmy for writing on Saturday Night Live, where he was a Producer and Head Writer of Weekend Update. Schur won the WGA Award for Best Episodic Comedy for The Office in 2007. Schur is repped by UTA, 3 Arts and attorney Ken Richman.
Mike Schur Inks New Deal With Universal TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'