Coming this fall, Live! With Kelly & Michael. The former NFL star-turned-TV personality Michael Strahan was rumored to be among the finalists for the permanent co-host to Kelly Ripa post, which had been vacant since the November departure of Regis Philbin. He will now be unveiled as Ripa’s new on-screen partner when Live launches its new season on Sept. 4, as first reported by Broadcasting & Cable. Since Philbin’s exit, Strahan has served as a guest co-host on Live a whopping 15 times, most recently on July 3. He is expected to also keep his weekend gig on Fox NFL Sunday, making for a weekly cross-country trek between New York, where Live tapes and Los Angeles from where the sports broadcast originates. Following his NFL career, Strahan also dabbled in comedy with a starring role on the short-lived Fox comedy Brothers.
Michael Strahan To Succeed Regis Philbin On 'Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- David Fincher Shepherding HBO Comedy About 1980s Music Video Industry
- David Fincher & James Ellroy Developing 1950s Los Angeles Drama For HBO
- Barbie Kligman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- 'Survivor' Finale On Par, 'Hell's Kitchen' Closer Slips From Last Season
- Amber West To Star In Jerrod Carmichael NBC Comedy Pilot
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of A Call Girl' Creator