Coming this fall, Live! With Kelly & Michael. The former NFL star-turned-TV personality Michael Strahan was rumored to be among the finalists for the permanent co-host to Kelly Ripa post, which had been vacant since the November departure of Regis Philbin. He will now be unveiled as Ripa’s new on-screen partner when Live launches its new season on Sept. 4, as first reported by Broadcasting & Cable. Since Philbin’s exit, Strahan has served as a guest co-host on Live a whopping 15 times, most recently on July 3. He is expected to also keep his weekend gig on Fox NFL Sunday, making for a weekly cross-country trek between New York, where Live tapes and Los Angeles from where the sports broadcast originates. Following his NFL career, Strahan also dabbled in comedy with a starring role on the short-lived Fox comedy Brothers.
Michael Strahan To Succeed Regis Philbin On 'Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sophia Bush Explains ‘Chicago P.D.’ Exit: “Left Because I Wanted To”
- ‘Once Upon a Time’ & ‘Marvel’s Inhumans’ Slip To Demo Ratings Lows
- President Trump Continues Feud With Congresswoman Hours Before Sgt. La David Johnson Funeral
- ‘Real Time’: Janice Min Says Weinstein Frenzy Fueled Partly By Trump Anger
- Pentatonix Christmas Special Returns, Joined By Jennifer Hudson, Jay Leno, Darci Lynne Farmer
- Ben Bates Dies: ‘Gunsmoke’ Stunt Double was 84