Coming this fall, Live! With Kelly & Michael. The former NFL star-turned-TV personality Michael Strahan was rumored to be among the finalists for the permanent co-host to Kelly Ripa post, which had been vacant since the November departure of Regis Philbin. He will now be unveiled as Ripa’s new on-screen partner when Live launches its new season on Sept. 4, as first reported by Broadcasting & Cable. Since Philbin’s exit, Strahan has served as a guest co-host on Live a whopping 15 times, most recently on July 3. He is expected to also keep his weekend gig on Fox NFL Sunday, making for a weekly cross-country trek between New York, where Live tapes and Los Angeles from where the sports broadcast originates. Following his NFL career, Strahan also dabbled in comedy with a starring role on the short-lived Fox comedy Brothers.
Michael Strahan To Succeed Regis Philbin On 'Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Big Names Perform Unproduced Scripts By Welles, Hitchcock & Others On BBC Radio – Global Briefs
- Snapchat To Shut Down Snap Channel, Laying Off Team, Changing Content Plans
- Men Have Most Fun Discussing ‘The Affair’ — New York PaleyFest
- Felicity Huffman To Produce & Possibly Star In ABC Fashion Biz Comedic Drama
- Donald Trump Wins Stephen Colbert’s Third Week As ‘Late Show’ Host In L+7
- ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’ Premiere Grows To 12.17M Total Viewers In Live+3