Coming this fall, Live! With Kelly & Michael. The former NFL star-turned-TV personality Michael Strahan was rumored to be among the finalists for the permanent co-host to Kelly Ripa post, which had been vacant since the November departure of Regis Philbin. He will now be unveiled as Ripa’s new on-screen partner when Live launches its new season on Sept. 4, as first reported by Broadcasting & Cable. Since Philbin’s exit, Strahan has served as a guest co-host on Live a whopping 15 times, most recently on July 3. He is expected to also keep his weekend gig on Fox NFL Sunday, making for a weekly cross-country trek between New York, where Live tapes and Los Angeles from where the sports broadcast originates. Following his NFL career, Strahan also dabbled in comedy with a starring role on the short-lived Fox comedy Brothers.
Michael Strahan To Succeed Regis Philbin On 'Live'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'