Coming this fall, Live! With Kelly & Michael. The former NFL star-turned-TV personality Michael Strahan was rumored to be among the finalists for the permanent co-host to Kelly Ripa post, which had been vacant since the November departure of Regis Philbin. He will now be unveiled as Ripa’s new on-screen partner when Live launches its new season on Sept. 4, as first reported by Broadcasting & Cable. Since Philbin’s exit, Strahan has served as a guest co-host on Live a whopping 15 times, most recently on July 3. He is expected to also keep his weekend gig on Fox NFL Sunday, making for a weekly cross-country trek between New York, where Live tapes and Los Angeles from where the sports broadcast originates. Following his NFL career, Strahan also dabbled in comedy with a starring role on the short-lived Fox comedy Brothers.
Michael Strahan To Succeed Regis Philbin On 'Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Latest TV News
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Golan The Insatiable’ Trailer: Kneel Before Fox’s New Toon Series
- Joe Henderson Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- TLC “Deeply Saddened” As It Pulls All Episodes of ’19 Kids And Counting’ In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations…
- Martha Coolidge: Blaming DGA For Lack Of Female Directors Is “Dangerous Side-Path”