Coming this fall, Live! With Kelly & Michael. The former NFL star-turned-TV personality Michael Strahan was rumored to be among the finalists for the permanent co-host to Kelly Ripa post, which had been vacant since the November departure of Regis Philbin. He will now be unveiled as Ripa’s new on-screen partner when Live launches its new season on Sept. 4, as first reported by Broadcasting & Cable. Since Philbin’s exit, Strahan has served as a guest co-host on Live a whopping 15 times, most recently on July 3. He is expected to also keep his weekend gig on Fox NFL Sunday, making for a weekly cross-country trek between New York, where Live tapes and Los Angeles from where the sports broadcast originates. Following his NFL career, Strahan also dabbled in comedy with a starring role on the short-lived Fox comedy Brothers.
Michael Strahan To Succeed Regis Philbin On 'Live'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest TV News
- Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe
- James Corden Teases Britney Spears’ Carpool Karaoke
- Viacom’s Longtime PR Chief Carl Folta Exits
- WGA Reaches Deal For New Contract With Public TV
- ‘StartUp’ Review: Crackle Drama Gritty But Not A Great Investment
- ‘This Is Us’ Adds Ryan Michelle Bathe As Recurring