MGM Television has teamed with American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance executive producer Nigel Lythgoe for Fame, a scripted series based on the 1980 MGM film and 1982 MGM TV series that chronicled the lives of talented students paying their dues on the road to success. Lythgoe will serve as executive producer on the project, along with Nigel Lythgoe Prods. president Kary McHoul, Segars Media’s Charles Segars (National Treasure) and Chad Gutstein. According to the producers, the new project is a re-imagening of the original film and series that will strive to embody their spirit. Set against the backdrop of today’s unprecedented access to the world of celebrity, it will expose the gritty struggle, heartache and pain endured in the search for stardom. “This is a great opportunity for MGM to partner with world-class producer Nigel Lythgoe, whose unmatched experience with telling the true stories of talented people striving for success will set Fame apart, ” said Roma Khanna, President Television and Digital, MGM. The project is part of MGM TV’s strategy to mine the company’s library for properties suitable for series adaptations/remakes. Alan Parker’s 1980 movie was already remade as a feature with the 2009 Fame.
MGM TV & Nigel Lythgoe To Reboot 'Fame' As New Scripted Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Hillary Clinton Beat Donald Trump At Debate; Hell Has Frozen Over
- ‘I Love Dick’, ‘Jean-Claude Van Johnson’ & ‘The Tick’ Picked Up To Series By Amazon
- NBCUni CEO Steve Burke Applauds Presidential Debate Moderator Lester Holt
- Global Media Reacts To Trump Vs. Clinton Debate
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…