Hot off Magic Mike, Matthew McConaughey has signed on to play the role of Mark Hanna in The Wolf Of Wall Street, directed by Martin Scorsese. Red Granite is financing the adaptation of Jordan Belfort’s best-selling memoir The Wolf Of Wall Street, on which the film is based and is financing the film. McConaughey’s character, Mark Hanna, is the early boss and mentor of Belfort, who’s played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal also star. Terry Winter wrote the script. McConaughey just opened in the William Friedkin-directed Killer Joe.
Matthew McConaughey Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Fleming Jr
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Variety Claims Exclusive On Day-Old Deadline Scoop On Sony's 'The Interview'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount
- Gore Verbinski On Cancellation Of North Korea-Based Steve Carell Film
- Aaron Sorkin On Free Speech As Casualty In 'The Interview' Cancellation