Hot off Magic Mike, Matthew McConaughey has signed on to play the role of Mark Hanna in The Wolf Of Wall Street, directed by Martin Scorsese. Red Granite is financing the adaptation of Jordan Belfort’s best-selling memoir The Wolf Of Wall Street, on which the film is based and is financing the film. McConaughey’s character, Mark Hanna, is the early boss and mentor of Belfort, who’s played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal also star. Terry Winter wrote the script. McConaughey just opened in the William Friedkin-directed Killer Joe.
Matthew McConaughey Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Moana' Close To 'Frozen'; Awards Raise 'Manchester's Tide; 'Jackie' Still Regal - Saturday AM Update
Latest Film News
- L.A.-Based Music Label In Oakland Fire Chronicled In 2013 Documentary ‘Silk’
- Alice Drummond Dies; Veteran Character Actress Was 88
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Haim Saban Slams DNC Chair Hopeful Keith Ellison: “Anti-Semitic And Anti-Israel”
- Johnny Depp, Sam Raimi & Others Contribute To Film By 16-Year Old Cancer Patient
- ‘Jackie’ Review: Natalie Portman Astonishes With A Side Of Jackie Kennedy Never Before Seen