Hot off Magic Mike, Matthew McConaughey has signed on to play the role of Mark Hanna in The Wolf Of Wall Street, directed by Martin Scorsese. Red Granite is financing the adaptation of Jordan Belfort’s best-selling memoir The Wolf Of Wall Street, on which the film is based and is financing the film. McConaughey’s character, Mark Hanna, is the early boss and mentor of Belfort, who’s played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal also star. Terry Winter wrote the script. McConaughey just opened in the William Friedkin-directed Killer Joe.
Matthew McConaughey Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alicia Vikander Launches Vikarious Productions; Sets First Project 'Euphoria' With Eva Green- Cannes
Sumner Redstone Trial: Mogul Rips Manuela Herzer In Testimony, Says Daughter Shari Should Be Health Care Rep
FX Orders Ryan Murphy Anthology Series 'Feud', Jessica Lange & Susan Sarandon To Star In First Installment: Crawford v Davis
'Captain America: Civil War' Directors Joe & Anthony Russo On Their Strange Road To Marvel Mavens - Deadline Q&A
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Bill Draper Steps Into Physical Production Presidency At Warner Bros
- Susan Sarandon Leads Star-Packed 'Mothers And Daughters’; Rob & Nick Reiner’s Personal ‘Being Charlie’: Specialty…
- Jesse Peretz Seals Deal To Direct ‘Juliet Naked,’ Based On Nick Hornby Book
- Sony Lands Alexandra Monir Novel ‘The Final Six’ Based On Partial Manuscript
- Patrick Schwarzenegger & Liana Liberato Breathe Life Into ‘Undying’ – Cannes
- Sumner Redstone Trial: Mogul Rips Manuela Herzer In Testimony, Says Daughter Shari Should Be Health Care Rep