Hot off Magic Mike, Matthew McConaughey has signed on to play the role of Mark Hanna in The Wolf Of Wall Street, directed by Martin Scorsese. Red Granite is financing the adaptation of Jordan Belfort’s best-selling memoir The Wolf Of Wall Street, on which the film is based and is financing the film. McConaughey’s character, Mark Hanna, is the early boss and mentor of Belfort, who’s played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal also star. Terry Winter wrote the script. McConaughey just opened in the William Friedkin-directed Killer Joe.
Matthew McConaughey Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
How 'Pirates' & 'Baywatch' Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O. — Sunday AM
Cannes: 'The Square' Takes Palme D'Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix & Diane Kruger
How Lynne Ramsay Got Over 'Jane Got A Gun' & Embraced Joaquin Phoenix Noir 'You Were Never Really Here' - Cannes
Latest Film News
- ‘Logan Lucky’ Trailer Reunites ‘Magic Mike’ Team–Plus Daniel Craig as Joe Bang
- ‘Beguiled’s Sofia Coppola Makes History As Second Female Director To Win At Cannes Film Festival
- Surprises Are Few But Most Winners Were Highly Deserving And A Nice Way To Bid Adieu To The 70th Cannes Film…
- Cannes: ‘The Square’ Takes Palme D’Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix…
- ‘Long Strange Trip’ Has One of 2017's Best Doc Debuts; Richard Gere's 'Norman' Crosses $3M — Specialty…
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…