Hot off Magic Mike, Matthew McConaughey has signed on to play the role of Mark Hanna in The Wolf Of Wall Street, directed by Martin Scorsese. Red Granite is financing the adaptation of Jordan Belfort’s best-selling memoir The Wolf Of Wall Street, on which the film is based and is financing the film. McConaughey’s character, Mark Hanna, is the early boss and mentor of Belfort, who’s played by Leonardo DiCaprio. Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Kyle Chandler, Margot Robbie, Jon Bernthal also star. Terry Winter wrote the script. McConaughey just opened in the William Friedkin-directed Killer Joe.
Matthew McConaughey Joins 'The Wolf Of Wall Street'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Returns To Top Of Offshore Box Office; ‘Home’ Rounds $48M – Update
- New ‘Jurassic World’ Teaser: Bystanders Carried Off By Pterosaurs
- Bart & Fleming: A Mea Culpa; Frank Sinatra Re-Cast; Tent Pole Assembly Line
- Miroslav Ondříček Dies: Oscar-Nominated Cinematographer Of ‘Amadeus’ Was 80
- ‘While We’re Young’ Springs To Lively Debut For Noah Baumbach
- Academy Museum Buys Rare ‘2001: A Space Odyssey’ Model For $344,000