Wall Street is bullish on the New York Knicks owner today as shares of the Madison Square Garden Company rose 9% in pre-market trading. Profits for the fourth quarter tripled to $28.6M or 37c a share, beating Wall Street estimates. Fiscal 2012 revenues grew 8% to $1.3B, lifted primarily by the group’s MSG Sports and MSG Media units. The Sports arm owns The Knicks and The New York Rangers. MSG Media’s properties include the MSG TV networks and music channel Fuse. In the MSG Entertainment branch, which produces live shows including the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular, revenues were up 41%. But for the fiscal year, revenues in the division were down 10% with operating cash flow and operating loss both improved.
Madison Square Garden Triples Profits; Media & Sports Outperform Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Tartaglione
- 'Hobbit' Rules While Chinese, Indian And French Films Make Noise: Intl BO Update
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' Bests His 'Dhoom 3′ In Record U.S. Bow For Bollywood (Video)
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3