Wall Street is bullish on the New York Knicks owner today as shares of the Madison Square Garden Company rose 9% in pre-market trading. Profits for the fourth quarter tripled to $28.6M or 37c a share, beating Wall Street estimates. Fiscal 2012 revenues grew 8% to $1.3B, lifted primarily by the group’s MSG Sports and MSG Media units. The Sports arm owns The Knicks and The New York Rangers. MSG Media’s properties include the MSG TV networks and music channel Fuse. In the MSG Entertainment branch, which produces live shows including the Radio City Music Hall Christmas Spectacular, revenues were up 41%. But for the fiscal year, revenues in the division were down 10% with operating cash flow and operating loss both improved.
Madison Square Garden Triples Profits; Media & Sports Outperform Entertainment
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Races To $37.6M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?