Michael McDonald, a standout performer for a decade on the Fox series Mad TV, has joined the cast of the 20th Century Fox Paul Feig-directed buddy comedy The Heat, which stars Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy. He will play a villain. Peter Chernin, Jenno Topping and Dylan Clark are producing. This comes after McDonald signed a new blind script deal to develop a one hour show with ABC Studios. After his Mad TV run, McDonald has been working behind the scenes, creating and exec producing the hourlong drama spec script pilot Beautiful People for NBC last season. McDonald worked as a director, co-executive producer and writer on ABC’s Cougar Town and will continue directing episodes of the show this season after it moved to TBS. He will also helm episodes of the new ABC sitcoms Family Tools and How To Live With Your Parents For the Rest of Your Life. He’s repped by UTA.
'Mad TV's Michael McDonald Joins Paul Feig's 'The Heat'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- The Outliers Of 2016: Smaller Movies With Big Profits
- Aaron McCusker To Co-Star In Indie Film ‘Incoming’; Noah Galvin Joins ‘Assassination Nation’
- Netflix Sets First Animated Film ‘America’; Channing Tatum Voicing George Washington
- Lionsgate CinemaCon Reel: ‘American Assassin’, ‘Hitman’s Bodyguard’, ‘Latin Lover…
- Bruce Willis Starrer ‘Acts Of Violence’ Adds Rotimi Akinosho
- Why Kumail Nanjiani & Emily Gordon Went With Amazon On Their New Film ‘The Big Sick’ – CinemaCon