Fox has bought Athena, a drama project from writer Lisa Joy (Pushing Daisies), Chernin Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV. The project, which has received a script commitment, is based on Joy’s graphic novel, Headache, a coming-of-age drama about a 23 year-old woman who discovers she’s Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare. Each week she must maintain her secret identity while battling a slew of ancient monsters from Greek mythology and searching to uncover which of the other Greek gods is secretly plotting against her to take over the Earth. Joy, repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman, will write the adaptation and will executive produce with Peter Chernin and Kathrine Pope. She most recently was a co-producer on USA’s Burn Notice.
Lisa Joy To Adapt Her Comic 'Headache' As Drama For Fox Produced By Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Michael Paull Leaves Amazon To Become CEO Of MLB & Disney’s BAMTech
- Donald Trump Addresses Anti-Semitism After Criticism, During Museum Visit
- Stephen Colbert Details Massacres That Have Not Occurred Since Donald Trump Took Office
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- Greta Van Susteren To Donald Trump: “Back Off”
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs