Fox has bought Athena, a drama project from writer Lisa Joy (Pushing Daisies), Chernin Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV. The project, which has received a script commitment, is based on Joy’s graphic novel, Headache, a coming-of-age drama about a 23 year-old woman who discovers she’s Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare. Each week she must maintain her secret identity while battling a slew of ancient monsters from Greek mythology and searching to uncover which of the other Greek gods is secretly plotting against her to take over the Earth. Joy, repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman, will write the adaptation and will executive produce with Peter Chernin and Kathrine Pope. She most recently was a co-producer on USA’s Burn Notice.
Lisa Joy To Adapt Her Comic 'Headache' As Drama For Fox Produced By Chernin Co.
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'