Fox has bought Athena, a drama project from writer Lisa Joy (Pushing Daisies), Chernin Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV. The project, which has received a script commitment, is based on Joy’s graphic novel, Headache, a coming-of-age drama about a 23 year-old woman who discovers she’s Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare. Each week she must maintain her secret identity while battling a slew of ancient monsters from Greek mythology and searching to uncover which of the other Greek gods is secretly plotting against her to take over the Earth. Joy, repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman, will write the adaptation and will executive produce with Peter Chernin and Kathrine Pope. She most recently was a co-producer on USA’s Burn Notice.
Lisa Joy To Adapt Her Comic 'Headache' As Drama For Fox Produced By Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ITV Commissions Mammoth Screen Drama ‘Desire’ From Scribe Jeremy Block
- ITV Takes Majority Stake In French TV Prod Co. Tetra Media Studio
- ‘Broadchurch’ Return Scores Biggest ITV Drama Ratings Since 2015
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says