Fox has bought Athena, a drama project from writer Lisa Joy (Pushing Daisies), Chernin Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV. The project, which has received a script commitment, is based on Joy’s graphic novel, Headache, a coming-of-age drama about a 23 year-old woman who discovers she’s Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare. Each week she must maintain her secret identity while battling a slew of ancient monsters from Greek mythology and searching to uncover which of the other Greek gods is secretly plotting against her to take over the Earth. Joy, repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman, will write the adaptation and will executive produce with Peter Chernin and Kathrine Pope. She most recently was a co-producer on USA’s Burn Notice.
Lisa Joy To Adapt Her Comic 'Headache' As Drama For Fox Produced By Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Latest TV News
- Fred Savage Responds To Harassment Allegations; Calls Claims “Absolutely Without Merit & Completely Untrue”
- Fred Savage: Fox Calls Harassment Claims Against ‘The Grinder’ Actor “Unfounded”, Finds No Evidence…
- NBC Ups Scripted Execs Cara Dellaverson & Jeff Meyerson In Drama & Comedy
- USA Network Premiere Dates: ‘Shooter’, ‘Colony’, ‘Queen Of The South’, ‘Chrisley…
- ‘The Voice’ Rules, ‘Rise’ Steady, ‘For The People’ Slips While ABC Comedies Climb…
- ‘Queen Sugar’ Sprinkles May Two-Night Season 3 Debut