Fox has bought Athena, a drama project from writer Lisa Joy (Pushing Daisies), Chernin Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV. The project, which has received a script commitment, is based on Joy’s graphic novel, Headache, a coming-of-age drama about a 23 year-old woman who discovers she’s Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare. Each week she must maintain her secret identity while battling a slew of ancient monsters from Greek mythology and searching to uncover which of the other Greek gods is secretly plotting against her to take over the Earth. Joy, repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman, will write the adaptation and will executive produce with Peter Chernin and Kathrine Pope. She most recently was a co-producer on USA’s Burn Notice.
Lisa Joy To Adapt Her Comic 'Headache' As Drama For Fox Produced By Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Lionsgate Standing Strongly Behind 'Nashville' And Looks To 'Power Rangers' As Long-Lasting Franchise
Latest TV News
- Sacha Baron Cohen Signs With CAA
- And The 2016 Women In Film Crystal + Lucy Awards Go To …
- Seriesfest 2016 Unveils First Slate Of Panels
- TBS & TNT Name IMG Executive Michael Bloom As Head Of Unscripted
- ‘Westworld’, ‘Divorce’, Insecure’ & ‘High Maintenance’ To Bow This Fall On HBO
- Alamo Drafthouse & Legion M Partner On Genre Entertainment Development Stream