Fox has bought Athena, a drama project from writer Lisa Joy (Pushing Daisies), Chernin Entertainment and 20th Century Fox TV. The project, which has received a script commitment, is based on Joy’s graphic novel, Headache, a coming-of-age drama about a 23 year-old woman who discovers she’s Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom and warfare. Each week she must maintain her secret identity while battling a slew of ancient monsters from Greek mythology and searching to uncover which of the other Greek gods is secretly plotting against her to take over the Earth. Joy, repped by UTA and attorney Michael Schenkman, will write the adaptation and will executive produce with Peter Chernin and Kathrine Pope. She most recently was a co-producer on USA’s Burn Notice.
Lisa Joy To Adapt Her Comic 'Headache' As Drama For Fox Produced By Chernin Co.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
Latest TV News
- Locomotive Taps Producer Alexis Alexanian As Production President
- Relativity Bankruptcy: Judge Approves Sale Of TV Assets To Stalking Horse
- WE TV Greenlights ‘Selling It: In The ATL’ For November Premiere
- ‘MTP Daily’ Averages 529K Viewers And 73K News Demo Viewers In Week 1
- Kevin McKeon Joins The Firm As Creative Executive
- ‘Powers’ Adds Tricia Helfer To Season 2 Cast