My Boys alum Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore (Avatar) have landed the leads in USA Network’s comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed, lifting the contingency on the project. Written by Michael Feldman and to be directed by Marc Buckland, the single-camera comedy centers on gynecologist brothers David (Howard) and Jonathan (Moore) who inherit their father’s thriving medical practice after he suffers a heart attack during an attempt at “playing” doctor with his young secretary. Along with taking over the family business, these brothers also must deal with something else their father left behind – their overbearing, neurotic mother. Trusted and beloved by their patients, these guys are professionals when it comes to women but only from the neck down. Fox21 is producing, with Katy McCaffrey and Brad Johnson exec producing alongside Feldman. Howard is already in the USA family — he has been recurring on the network’s series Royal Pains. Moore, repped by ICM Partners and Underground Entertainment, did an arc on Fox’s Bones.
Kyle Howard & Joel David Moore To Star In USA Comedy Pilot 'Paging Dr. Freed'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Will Win Third Weekend Lap With $20M, But It's 'Baahubali 2' That's Surprising - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- NFL Draft: CAA Sports Reps Record-Tying Nine First-Round Picks
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets Tommy Maitland (AKA Mike Myers?) As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale Also Slotted
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series