My Boys alum Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore (Avatar) have landed the leads in USA Network’s comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed, lifting the contingency on the project. Written by Michael Feldman and to be directed by Marc Buckland, the single-camera comedy centers on gynecologist brothers David (Howard) and Jonathan (Moore) who inherit their father’s thriving medical practice after he suffers a heart attack during an attempt at “playing” doctor with his young secretary. Along with taking over the family business, these brothers also must deal with something else their father left behind – their overbearing, neurotic mother. Trusted and beloved by their patients, these guys are professionals when it comes to women but only from the neck down. Fox21 is producing, with Katy McCaffrey and Brad Johnson exec producing alongside Feldman. Howard is already in the USA family — he has been recurring on the network’s series Royal Pains. Moore, repped by ICM Partners and Underground Entertainment, did an arc on Fox’s Bones.
Kyle Howard & Joel David Moore To Star In USA Comedy Pilot 'Paging Dr. Freed'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Latest TV News
- Marvel’s ‘Inhumans’ Debuts New Imax Trailer, New Footage Revealing Hair-Raising Action — Comic-Con
- ‘Krypton’ Teaser: First Look At Syfy’s Superman Prequel – Comic-Con
- ‘The Exorcist’ Season 2: Priestly Road Trip, Possible Rance Family Cameos & A Foster Kid Who Kicks Butt…
- MGM Revives ‘Stargate’ Franchise With ‘Stargate Origins’ Digital Series & SVOD Platform – Watch…
- Comic-Con: ‘Legion’ Expands To 10 Episodes For Season 2, Adds Saïd Taghmaoui To The Cast
- Comic-Con: ‘Timeless’ EPs Reveal NBC Admitted “Mistake” In Initial Cancellation, Tease Season 2