My Boys alum Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore (Avatar) have landed the leads in USA Network’s comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed, lifting the contingency on the project. Written by Michael Feldman and to be directed by Marc Buckland, the single-camera comedy centers on gynecologist brothers David (Howard) and Jonathan (Moore) who inherit their father’s thriving medical practice after he suffers a heart attack during an attempt at “playing” doctor with his young secretary. Along with taking over the family business, these brothers also must deal with something else their father left behind – their overbearing, neurotic mother. Trusted and beloved by their patients, these guys are professionals when it comes to women but only from the neck down. Fox21 is producing, with Katy McCaffrey and Brad Johnson exec producing alongside Feldman. Howard is already in the USA family — he has been recurring on the network’s series Royal Pains. Moore, repped by ICM Partners and Underground Entertainment, did an arc on Fox’s Bones.
Kyle Howard & Joel David Moore To Star In USA Comedy Pilot 'Paging Dr. Freed'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ DP Tod Campbell On His Visual Approach To Sam Esmail’s Dark, Off-Kilter World
- ‘American Horror Story: Cult’ Trailer Teases Trump’s Influence On New Season Of FX Anthology
- Sharon Levy Joins Endemol Shine North America As President Of Unscripted & Scripted Television
- ‘The Night Of’ Emmy Nominee Michael Kenneth Williams On Nephew’s Experience Of “Heavy World” Behind…
- Riley Keough & Gina Gammell Launch Production Company Felix Culpa With Trio Of Book Deals
- Fox News Channel Dominates Cable News During Donald Trump’s Afghanistan Speech