My Boys alum Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore (Avatar) have landed the leads in USA Network’s comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed, lifting the contingency on the project. Written by Michael Feldman and to be directed by Marc Buckland, the single-camera comedy centers on gynecologist brothers David (Howard) and Jonathan (Moore) who inherit their father’s thriving medical practice after he suffers a heart attack during an attempt at “playing” doctor with his young secretary. Along with taking over the family business, these brothers also must deal with something else their father left behind – their overbearing, neurotic mother. Trusted and beloved by their patients, these guys are professionals when it comes to women but only from the neck down. Fox21 is producing, with Katy McCaffrey and Brad Johnson exec producing alongside Feldman. Howard is already in the USA family — he has been recurring on the network’s series Royal Pains. Moore, repped by ICM Partners and Underground Entertainment, did an arc on Fox’s Bones.
Kyle Howard & Joel David Moore To Star In USA Comedy Pilot 'Paging Dr. Freed'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Caucus For Producers, Writers & Directors Unveils Honorees & Nominees
- Ron Livingston To Star In Peter Farrelly Comedy Series 'Loudermilk' On Audience
- ‘This Is Us’ Has Strong Week 2 Retention, ‘Bull’ Also Solid, ‘NCIS: NO’ Eyes Uptick
- NBC Buys ‘Mail Order Family’ Comedy From ‘Superstore’ Trio
- W. Kamau Bell’s ‘United Shades of America’ Lands Season 2 Order From CNN
- Peter Berg’s ‘The Warfighters’ Gets Veterans Day Premiere On History