My Boys alum Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore (Avatar) have landed the leads in USA Network’s comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed, lifting the contingency on the project. Written by Michael Feldman and to be directed by Marc Buckland, the single-camera comedy centers on gynecologist brothers David (Howard) and Jonathan (Moore) who inherit their father’s thriving medical practice after he suffers a heart attack during an attempt at “playing” doctor with his young secretary. Along with taking over the family business, these brothers also must deal with something else their father left behind – their overbearing, neurotic mother. Trusted and beloved by their patients, these guys are professionals when it comes to women but only from the neck down. Fox21 is producing, with Katy McCaffrey and Brad Johnson exec producing alongside Feldman. Howard is already in the USA family — he has been recurring on the network’s series Royal Pains. Moore, repped by ICM Partners and Underground Entertainment, did an arc on Fox’s Bones.
Kyle Howard & Joel David Moore To Star In USA Comedy Pilot 'Paging Dr. Freed'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- AMC Networks Isn’t A Studio Yet, But It’s Getting There, CEO Says
- Conservative Activist James O’Keefe Releases Recordings Targeting CNN, During CPAC
- Steve Buscemi, Stanley Tucci & Wren Arthur’s Olive Productions Inks First Look Deal With Entertainment One
- ABC’s Shondaland Pilot Casts Wesam Keesh; Neil Brown Jr. Joins CBS’ Navy SEAL Drama
- Damon Wayans Jr. To Star In Seth Rogen’s FX AI Comedy Pilot; Ramona Young Joins ‘Thin Ice’
- Donald Trump Sits With ‘Fox & Friends’ Before Addressing Joint Session Of Congress