Kristin Chenoweth’s recurring role on The Good Wife has been put on hold because of a head injury the actress sustained while filming the CBS legal drama. Chenoweth was struck by a piece of lighting equipment during an on-location scene on July 11. After a brief hospitalization, Chenoweth has been recovering from the accident but in a statement to People today, she noted that her recovery has been slow and said that her injuries are preventing her from returning to The Good Wife. Chenoweth only completed one episode of her arc, the series’ season premiere, after having been written into four of the first five episodes of Season 4. The role won’t be recast, with other characters taking over her storyline in the already written episodes. However, Chenoweth’s arc will remain open for the actress to continue it when she fully recovers. “We enjoyed having Kristin on the show and would love to have her back when she’s feeling better,” The Good Wife producer CBS TV Studios said in a statement.
Kristin Chenoweth Won't Complete Her Arc On 'The Good Wife' Because Of Injury
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Midseason Return & Series Finale Dates On CMT; New Characters Added – Watch Promo
- ‘Abby’s’: Natalie Morales To Star In NBC Comedy Pilot
- Stephen Colbert Lampoons Marco Rubio’s Remarks At CNN Gun Violence Town Hall
- ‘In Between Lives’: Harriet Dyer To Topline NBC Clairvoyance Crime Drama Pilot
- Hollywood Activists Join In Pressuring Amazon To Drop NRA TV From Streaming Service
- Television Academy Revises Its Code of Conduct For #MeToo Era