Kristin Chenoweth’s recurring role on The Good Wife has been put on hold because of a head injury the actress sustained while filming the CBS legal drama. Chenoweth was struck by a piece of lighting equipment during an on-location scene on July 11. After a brief hospitalization, Chenoweth has been recovering from the accident but in a statement to People today, she noted that her recovery has been slow and said that her injuries are preventing her from returning to The Good Wife. Chenoweth only completed one episode of her arc, the series’ season premiere, after having been written into four of the first five episodes of Season 4. The role won’t be recast, with other characters taking over her storyline in the already written episodes. However, Chenoweth’s arc will remain open for the actress to continue it when she fully recovers. “We enjoyed having Kristin on the show and would love to have her back when she’s feeling better,” The Good Wife producer CBS TV Studios said in a statement.
Kristin Chenoweth Won't Complete Her Arc On 'The Good Wife' Because Of Injury
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'