Kristin Chenoweth’s recurring role on The Good Wife has been put on hold because of a head injury the actress sustained while filming the CBS legal drama. Chenoweth was struck by a piece of lighting equipment during an on-location scene on July 11. After a brief hospitalization, Chenoweth has been recovering from the accident but in a statement to People today, she noted that her recovery has been slow and said that her injuries are preventing her from returning to The Good Wife. Chenoweth only completed one episode of her arc, the series’ season premiere, after having been written into four of the first five episodes of Season 4. The role won’t be recast, with other characters taking over her storyline in the already written episodes. However, Chenoweth’s arc will remain open for the actress to continue it when she fully recovers. “We enjoyed having Kristin on the show and would love to have her back when she’s feeling better,” The Good Wife producer CBS TV Studios said in a statement.
Kristin Chenoweth Won't Complete Her Arc On 'The Good Wife' Because Of Injury
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- Univision Pulls Ads; Owner Of Orlando Pulse Club, Mothers, Victims, GLADD Press The Network To Stop “Blood Bath”
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night
- ‘Doctor Who’ Trailer Teases Return Of “Most Dangerous Man In The Universe”
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Slams ‘Bait’-Taking Liberals & Huggy, Panda-Loving TV Journalists