Kristin Chenoweth’s recurring role on The Good Wife has been put on hold because of a head injury the actress sustained while filming the CBS legal drama. Chenoweth was struck by a piece of lighting equipment during an on-location scene on July 11. After a brief hospitalization, Chenoweth has been recovering from the accident but in a statement to People today, she noted that her recovery has been slow and said that her injuries are preventing her from returning to The Good Wife. Chenoweth only completed one episode of her arc, the series’ season premiere, after having been written into four of the first five episodes of Season 4. The role won’t be recast, with other characters taking over her storyline in the already written episodes. However, Chenoweth’s arc will remain open for the actress to continue it when she fully recovers. “We enjoyed having Kristin on the show and would love to have her back when she’s feeling better,” The Good Wife producer CBS TV Studios said in a statement.
Kristin Chenoweth Won't Complete Her Arc On 'The Good Wife' Because Of Injury
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Sets $12M Pantelion Record, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty With $10M+, 'Circle' A Square As 'F8' Leads Listless Weekend
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office; Tops 'Furious 7' For New China Record
Latest TV News
- Kelly Ripa Teases Monday Announcement Of New ‘Live’ Co-Host
- ‘Orange Is The New Black’ Hacker Shares Stolen Episodes; Blog Publishes List Of Possible Additional Shows…
- WGA & AMPTP: Rare Sunday Talks “Moving Closer” To Deal
- Morning After: Samantha Bee Shrugs Off Jake Tapper’s “Smug Liberal” Question
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?