Kino Lorber has acquired all North American right to Violeta Went To Heaven, Andrés Wood’s biopic of musician, folksinger and poet Violeta Parra. Winner of the World Cinema Dramatic Jury Prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Wood’s film is screening this this week in New York City, as part of the Latinbeat series organized by The Film Society of Lincoln Center and programmed by Richard Peña and Marcela Goglio. Kino Lorber plans a nationwide theatrical release during November or December of 2012, followed by a VOD. Deal was negotiated between Kino Lorber CEO Richard Lorber and Juan Torres from Madrid-based Latido Films.
Kino Lorber Buys 'Violeta Went To Heaven'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Billy Crystal To Deliver Tribute To Robin Williams At Emmy Awards
- 'Resident Evil 6′ Production Pushed To 2015
- Tony Shalhoub Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV