Kino Lorber has acquired all North American right to Violeta Went To Heaven, Andrés Wood’s biopic of musician, folksinger and poet Violeta Parra. Winner of the World Cinema Dramatic Jury Prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Wood’s film is screening this this week in New York City, as part of the Latinbeat series organized by The Film Society of Lincoln Center and programmed by Richard Peña and Marcela Goglio. Kino Lorber plans a nationwide theatrical release during November or December of 2012, followed by a VOD. Deal was negotiated between Kino Lorber CEO Richard Lorber and Juan Torres from Madrid-based Latido Films.
Kino Lorber Buys 'Violeta Went To Heaven'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Bill O'Reilly And David Letterman Take Compatibility Test: Video
- Universal Ups Nicholas Carpou To President Of Domestic Distribution
- Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race' Release Date Set For April 2016; William Hurt Joins Cast
- Joy Behar Goes Solo; Next Stop, Greenwich Village
- 'Shameless,' 'House of Lies,' 'Episodes' Return To Showtime On January 11
- John Oliver Explains British Football To David Letterman: Video