Kino Lorber has acquired all North American right to Violeta Went To Heaven, Andrés Wood’s biopic of musician, folksinger and poet Violeta Parra. Winner of the World Cinema Dramatic Jury Prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Wood’s film is screening this this week in New York City, as part of the Latinbeat series organized by The Film Society of Lincoln Center and programmed by Richard Peña and Marcela Goglio. Kino Lorber plans a nationwide theatrical release during November or December of 2012, followed by a VOD. Deal was negotiated between Kino Lorber CEO Richard Lorber and Juan Torres from Madrid-based Latido Films.
Kino Lorber Buys 'Violeta Went To Heaven'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Barbara Dreyfus Dies: Head Of Will Packer’s Production Company
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Limited Release While ‘Poltergeist’ Grabs Strong $1.4M – Box Office Thursday
- Lionsgate Sees Franchise Possibilities For ‘The Odyssey,’ Maybe With ‘The Iliad”
- Meryl Streep & Hugh Grant In ‘Florence Foster Jenkins’ – First-Look Photo
- Cohen Media Group Acquires Cannes Opening Night Film ‘Standing Tall’
- amfAR Raises €30M At Glittery Cannes Gala; Harvey Weinstein Salutes France