Kino Lorber has acquired all North American right to Violeta Went To Heaven, Andrés Wood’s biopic of musician, folksinger and poet Violeta Parra. Winner of the World Cinema Dramatic Jury Prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Wood’s film is screening this this week in New York City, as part of the Latinbeat series organized by The Film Society of Lincoln Center and programmed by Richard Peña and Marcela Goglio. Kino Lorber plans a nationwide theatrical release during November or December of 2012, followed by a VOD. Deal was negotiated between Kino Lorber CEO Richard Lorber and Juan Torres from Madrid-based Latido Films.
Kino Lorber Buys 'Violeta Went To Heaven'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle
- Berlin Film Fest: Hungarian ‘On Body And Soul’ Wins Golden Bear – Complete Winners List
- Encore: Taylor Sheridan & David Mackenzie On Raising ‘Hell Or High Water’: “It’s About Fatherhood At The End Of The Day”…