Kino Lorber has acquired all North American right to Violeta Went To Heaven, Andrés Wood’s biopic of musician, folksinger and poet Violeta Parra. Winner of the World Cinema Dramatic Jury Prize at this year’s Sundance Film Festival, Wood’s film is screening this this week in New York City, as part of the Latinbeat series organized by The Film Society of Lincoln Center and programmed by Richard Peña and Marcela Goglio. Kino Lorber plans a nationwide theatrical release during November or December of 2012, followed by a VOD. Deal was negotiated between Kino Lorber CEO Richard Lorber and Juan Torres from Madrid-based Latido Films.
Kino Lorber Buys 'Violeta Went To Heaven'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Jimmy Kimmel’s Late-Night Oscar Explainer Pops In Ratings
- Bart & Fleming: One Of Us Can’t Get Past The Idea A Tweeting Accountant Destroyed Oscar
- ‘Resident Evil’ Rocks China; Crosses $100M Monday After Record Debut – International Box Office
- BBC’s ‘Gunpowder’ Adds Cast; Studiocanal Promotes Anna Marsh – Global Briefs
- The Academy On Best Picture Oscar Snafu: “We Deeply Regret The Mistake”
- PricewaterhouseCoopers Takes “Full Responsibility” For Best Picture Blunder In New Apology