Joss Whedon says he’s concerned that Mike Birbiglia’s Sleepwalk With Me, which opens August 24 via IFC, is “creeping up” on Marvel’s The Avengers and might eclipse the superhero movie’s dwindling weekend take when it debuts. The $1.46B global grosser Avengers took in about $271K from 220 theaters last weekend. Produced in conjunction with the radio show This American Life, Birbiglia’s movie is based on his sleepwalking and life misadventures and one-man show. His movie was a favorite this year at Sundance and South By Southwest. Fan fervor, Whedon notes, has resulted in the doubling to 80 the number of theaters opening Sleepwalk With Me. Whedon says, “That makes me nervous…”:
Joss Whedon Vs. 'Sleepwalk With Me': Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'