The 19-year-old singer-songwriter/actor Nick Jonas tweeted on Saturday: “The rumors are true… I am being considered to be a judge on American Idol, and it would be a dream come true if it happens.” He even made the hashtag #nickonidol for his fans. Jonas starred earlier this year in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. His other gigs include playing Smash’s Lyle West and performing in Les Miserables’ televised 25th anniversary concert. Another American Idol judge contender is Pharrell Williams while producers have had conversations with Brad Paisley. Mariah Carey just inked a one-year deal to serve as a judge for Season 12.
Nick Jonas Tweets He May Be 'Idol' Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Donald Trump Drums Ted Cruz Out Of Race, Praises Him As "One Hell Of A Competitor" with "Amazing Future"
Disney Swingin' As 'The Jungle Book' Beats $700M Global; 'Captain America: Civil War' Rises To $224.3M Offshore
Latest TV News
- FCC Approves Altice’s $17.7B Acquisition Of Cablevision Citing Absence Of Harms
- Ted Cruz Drops Out Of White House Race After Donald Trump Mows Him Down In Indiana Primary – UPDATE
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Hulu’s ‘Casual’ Takes Its Tales Of Dating Woes From Real…
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Gets Netflix U.S. Debut Date
- Geraldo Rivera Sits Down With El Chapo Gal Pal Kate Del Castillo On Saturday
- AOL To Open Studio For Live Virtual Reality Productions In NYC – Newfront