The 19-year-old singer-songwriter/actor Nick Jonas tweeted on Saturday: “The rumors are true… I am being considered to be a judge on American Idol, and it would be a dream come true if it happens.” He even made the hashtag #nickonidol for his fans. Jonas starred earlier this year in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. His other gigs include playing Smash’s Lyle West and performing in Les Miserables’ televised 25th anniversary concert. Another American Idol judge contender is Pharrell Williams while producers have had conversations with Brad Paisley. Mariah Carey just inked a one-year deal to serve as a judge for Season 12.
Nick Jonas Tweets He May Be 'Idol' Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Latest TV News
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh