The 19-year-old singer-songwriter/actor Nick Jonas tweeted on Saturday: “The rumors are true… I am being considered to be a judge on American Idol, and it would be a dream come true if it happens.” He even made the hashtag #nickonidol for his fans. Jonas starred earlier this year in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. His other gigs include playing Smash’s Lyle West and performing in Les Miserables’ televised 25th anniversary concert. Another American Idol judge contender is Pharrell Williams while producers have had conversations with Brad Paisley. Mariah Carey just inked a one-year deal to serve as a judge for Season 12.
Nick Jonas Tweets He May Be 'Idol' Judge
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'