The 19-year-old singer-songwriter/actor Nick Jonas tweeted on Saturday: “The rumors are true… I am being considered to be a judge on American Idol, and it would be a dream come true if it happens.” He even made the hashtag #nickonidol for his fans. Jonas starred earlier this year in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. His other gigs include playing Smash’s Lyle West and performing in Les Miserables’ televised 25th anniversary concert. Another American Idol judge contender is Pharrell Williams while producers have had conversations with Brad Paisley. Mariah Carey just inked a one-year deal to serve as a judge for Season 12.
Nick Jonas Tweets He May Be 'Idol' Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38M+ Second Weekend - Sat. PM Update
'The Fate Of The Furious' Expected To Cross $750M Internationally For Uni Record, $1B Worldwide Next Week
'Gilbert' Subject Gilbert Gottfried On Seeing His Personal Life Portrayed On Screen: "This Could Be What Hell Is"
Latest TV News
- Erin Moran Dies: ‘Happy Days’ Actress Was 56
- New Caitlyn Jenner Interview Brings ’20/20′ Ratings Down, ‘Dateline’ Rises
- Donald Trump Plans Rally For Night Of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
- ‘Rise’, ‘For God And Country’ Get Closer To NBC Series Pickups With Staffing Offers
- ‘Feud’: Charles And Diana Season 2 “Begins With Divorce Papers,” Says EP Ryan Murphy
- Bill Maher Tells Donald Trump To Forget Mars, “Make Earth Great Again”