The 19-year-old singer-songwriter/actor Nick Jonas tweeted on Saturday: “The rumors are true… I am being considered to be a judge on American Idol, and it would be a dream come true if it happens.” He even made the hashtag #nickonidol for his fans. Jonas starred earlier this year in the Broadway revival of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying. His other gigs include playing Smash’s Lyle West and performing in Les Miserables’ televised 25th anniversary concert. Another American Idol judge contender is Pharrell Williams while producers have had conversations with Brad Paisley. Mariah Carey just inked a one-year deal to serve as a judge for Season 12.
Nick Jonas Tweets He May Be 'Idol' Judge
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa