Granted, Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman has told investors that he sees a big opportunity for his company to grow by promoting sales of consumer products tied to its entertainment brands. Here’s how Comedy Central plans to chip in. But viewers may be less-than-thrilled by today’s announcement that Comedy Central has inked an exclusive retail partnership with Urban Outfitters to launch products from The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, and Indecision 2012 in stores nationwide starting August 15. Does anybody really care that this is Urban Outfitters’ first exclusive product collaboration with a TV network? Nah, not when political satire mutates with retail therapy and all those graphic tees, mugs, tumblers, posters and buttons hit the aisles and the Internet with “smart, funny and election-inspired merchandise”. Look at your watch: this may be the exact moment when Stewart and Colbert sold out.
Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert Selling Out?
What's Hot on Deadline
Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With 'Secrets & Lies' Producer & ABC Studios Int'l
Latest TV News
- Police Shooting Protest Delays NBA Hawks-Kings Game – Fans Turned Away
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Spinoff ‘Station 19’: How Creator Stacy McKee Is Stoking The Fire
- “Frivolous” AMC Ripped In ‘Walking Dead’ Suit By CAA & Frank Darabont, Again
- NBC's Diverse Late Night Writers Program Names 2018 Class
- Margot Robbie To Produce Female-Focused Shakespearean Drama Series With ‘Secrets & Lies’ Producer & ABC…
- DOJ’s Lead Witness Against AT&T Knocks Time Warner Deal But Gets Grilled: “You Should Have Done Some Homework”…