Granted, Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman has told investors that he sees a big opportunity for his company to grow by promoting sales of consumer products tied to its entertainment brands. Here’s how Comedy Central plans to chip in. But viewers may be less-than-thrilled by today’s announcement that Comedy Central has inked an exclusive retail partnership with Urban Outfitters to launch products from The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, and Indecision 2012 in stores nationwide starting August 15. Does anybody really care that this is Urban Outfitters’ first exclusive product collaboration with a TV network? Nah, not when political satire mutates with retail therapy and all those graphic tees, mugs, tumblers, posters and buttons hit the aisles and the Internet with “smart, funny and election-inspired merchandise”. Look at your watch: this may be the exact moment when Stewart and Colbert sold out.
Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert Selling Out?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
'The Carmichael Show' Star On Tonight's Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby's Trial, Season 3 & "Big Picture" NBC
Latest TV News
- André Rousselet Dies: Canal Plus Founder & Mitterand Cabinet Director Was 93
- ‘Top Gear’ Averages 4.3 Million Viewers In Season Opener, Takes Social Media Hits
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Star On Tonight’s Donald Trump Fueled Finale, Bill Cosby’s Trial, Season 3 & “Big…
- TNT: NBA Western Conference Finals Game 6 Coverage A Ratings Slam Dunk
- ‘Chelsea’ Executive Producer Bill Wolff Departs Netflix Talk Show
- Indie Producers Say They're Getting Shortchanged By California's Tax Incentives Program