Granted, Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman has told investors that he sees a big opportunity for his company to grow by promoting sales of consumer products tied to its entertainment brands. Here’s how Comedy Central plans to chip in. But viewers may be less-than-thrilled by today’s announcement that Comedy Central has inked an exclusive retail partnership with Urban Outfitters to launch products from The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, and Indecision 2012 in stores nationwide starting August 15. Does anybody really care that this is Urban Outfitters’ first exclusive product collaboration with a TV network? Nah, not when political satire mutates with retail therapy and all those graphic tees, mugs, tumblers, posters and buttons hit the aisles and the Internet with “smart, funny and election-inspired merchandise”. Look at your watch: this may be the exact moment when Stewart and Colbert sold out.
Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert Selling Out?
What's Hot on Deadline
Family-Branded Films On Fire At The B.O.: 'Beauty And The Beast' Embraces $89M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Cast And EPs Talk “Huge Twist” And Final Episodes – PaleyFest
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- NCAA Basketball Tops Friday Ratings; ‘The Originals’, ‘Sleepy Hollow’ Tick Up In Demo
- Conservative PAC TV Spots Prematurely Thank GOP For Defeating Obamacare