Granted, Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman has told investors that he sees a big opportunity for his company to grow by promoting sales of consumer products tied to its entertainment brands. Here’s how Comedy Central plans to chip in. But viewers may be less-than-thrilled by today’s announcement that Comedy Central has inked an exclusive retail partnership with Urban Outfitters to launch products from The Daily Show With Jon Stewart, The Colbert Report, and Indecision 2012 in stores nationwide starting August 15. Does anybody really care that this is Urban Outfitters’ first exclusive product collaboration with a TV network? Nah, not when political satire mutates with retail therapy and all those graphic tees, mugs, tumblers, posters and buttons hit the aisles and the Internet with “smart, funny and election-inspired merchandise”. Look at your watch: this may be the exact moment when Stewart and Colbert sold out.
Jon Stewart & Stephen Colbert Selling Out?
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Seduces, 'The Circle' Broken By D+ CinemaScore, 'Baahubali 2' Mighty As 'Furious' Leads Listless Weekend
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s Not the White House Correspondents Dinner Serves Trump Roast
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Live Blog: Who Needs Donald Trump?
- White House Correspondents’ Dinner Livestream – Watch It Here
- Donald Trump Blasts Hollywood & Media Elites At “Boring” POTUS Snubbed WHCD
- Will Ferrell Brings His George W. Bush To Samantha Bee’s Press Bash
- Climate March: Leo DiCaprio, Jane Fonda, Jared Leto Among Hollywood Voices