Deadline readers already know that Jimmy Fallon won’t be hosting the 2013 Academy Awards. (I reported on August 2nd that outgoing Academy President Tom Sherak tried and failed to hire him and producer Lorne Michaels nearly 3 weeks ago.) Today Fallon made it official, telling The Today Show‘s Matt Lauer: “No, I’m not going to do the Oscars. It’s an honor to be asked by the Academy, but it’s not my year.” ABC objected to Fallon’s selection since he competes with Jimmy Kimmel – but not to Lorne Michaels. Which has given rise to internal AMPAS talk that Michaels could be paired with former Academy president Sid Ganis to produce the show. Stay tuned.
Jimmy Fallon Says He's Not Hosting Oscars
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Awardsline News
- Film Academy Investigating President John Bailey For Sexual Harassment
- SXSW Film Festival Jury Awards: ‘Thunder Road’ By Jim Cummings Wins Narrative
- Deadline’s Contenders Emmys: Invites Out Today For April 15 Event; Star-Filled Lineup Includes Record 100+…
- Frances McDormand’s Oscar Stolen & Recovered; Suspect, Who Posted Video On Facebook, Is Charged
- ‘Hamilton’ Nabs Record 13 Olivier Awards Nominations; Bryan Cranston Gets First Nod
- Oscars Aftermath: Behind The Scenes At The Show & Parties On An Emotional Night To Remember