Deadline readers already know that Jimmy Fallon won’t be hosting the 2013 Academy Awards. (I reported on August 2nd that outgoing Academy President Tom Sherak tried and failed to hire him and producer Lorne Michaels nearly 3 weeks ago.) Today Fallon made it official, telling The Today Show‘s Matt Lauer: “No, I’m not going to do the Oscars. It’s an honor to be asked by the Academy, but it’s not my year.” ABC objected to Fallon’s selection since he competes with Jimmy Kimmel – but not to Lorne Michaels. Which has given rise to internal AMPAS talk that Michaels could be paired with former Academy president Sid Ganis to produce the show. Stay tuned.
Jimmy Fallon Says He's Not Hosting Oscars
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 27 Experts1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Fences11/15Lion11/1
What's Hot on Deadline
Up To 750K Attend Anti-Trump Protest In Downtown Los Angeles; Huge Crowds Also In NYC, D.C. (UPDATE)
Latest Awardsline News
- French Women’s Groups To Protest César Awards Over Roman Polanski Presidency
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: The Lull Before The Oscar Storm; Katzenberg Gets Nostalgic; Gosling Wows SAG Again…
- Oscars: Deadline’s Pete Hammond & Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Tackle Best Actress Race
- ‘La La Land’ & ‘Hidden Figures’ Among Artios Award Winners
- What’s Your Gut: Are The Oscars Headed For A “Hollywood Ending”?
- Susannah Grant To Receive WGA West’s Paul Selvin Award For ‘Confirmation’ Script