Deadline readers already know that Jimmy Fallon won’t be hosting the 2013 Academy Awards. (I reported on August 2nd that outgoing Academy President Tom Sherak tried and failed to hire him and producer Lorne Michaels nearly 3 weeks ago.) Today Fallon made it official, telling The Today Show‘s Matt Lauer: “No, I’m not going to do the Oscars. It’s an honor to be asked by the Academy, but it’s not my year.” ABC objected to Fallon’s selection since he competes with Jimmy Kimmel – but not to Lorne Michaels. Which has given rise to internal AMPAS talk that Michaels could be paired with former Academy president Sid Ganis to produce the show. Stay tuned.
Jimmy Fallon Says He's Not Hosting Oscars
Oscar Watch 2017Best Picture Predictions by 28 ExpertsOdds1La La Land9/22Moonlight13/23Manchester by the Sea7/14Arrival10/15Lion10/1
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Awardsline News
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Salman Rushdie Extols The Immigrant’s Struggle Of ‘Lion’: Guest Column
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…