Deadline readers already know that Jimmy Fallon won’t be hosting the 2013 Academy Awards. (I reported on August 2nd that outgoing Academy President Tom Sherak tried and failed to hire him and producer Lorne Michaels nearly 3 weeks ago.) Today Fallon made it official, telling The Today Show‘s Matt Lauer: “No, I’m not going to do the Oscars. It’s an honor to be asked by the Academy, but it’s not my year.” ABC objected to Fallon’s selection since he competes with Jimmy Kimmel – but not to Lorne Michaels. Which has given rise to internal AMPAS talk that Michaels could be paired with former Academy president Sid Ganis to produce the show. Stay tuned.
Jimmy Fallon Says He's Not Hosting Oscars
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Awards News
- Pharrell Williams On His ‘Hidden Figures’ Contribution: “It Made Sense For Everything We Stand For”
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: When Warren Met Kirk; #OscarsSoWhite A Thing Of The Past?
- Actor Who Voices ‘Uncharted’s Nathan Drake Speaks Out About Vidgame Strike In Awards Speech
- Oscars: ‘Rogue One,’ ‘Doctor Strange’ Make Cut As Academy Narrows Visual Effects Race
- Diversity Touted At 34th Annual Caucus For Producers, Writers & Directors Awards Dinner
- How Annette Bening Morphed Into Director Mike Mills’ Own Mother On ’20th Century Women’ – The…