I am not sure he’s going to say yes, but Jim Carrey is being courted by Universal to play a showy supporting role in Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall, the Jeff Wadlow-directed sequel to Matthew Vaughn’s crazy superhero movie. The character is called The Colonel, and he helps galvanize the team of misfit super heroes assembled to fight evil. The sequel brings back Chloe Moretz, Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage. Carrey is a big fan of Matthew Vaughn and his original Kick-Ass film. Here, he wore the Kick-Ass costume for a musical duet with a bearded Conan O’Brien. But dealmaking is dealmaking, and this is far from a sure thing, at this point just a great idea.
Jim Carrey Courted For 'Kick-Ass 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Logan Lucky' Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh's Directorial Return
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
Latest Film News
- Ric Reitz Re-Elected President Of SAG-AFTRA Atlanta Local, Continues Run Of Wins For Gabrielle Carteris Supporters
- New York Talent Agent Mark Schlegel Missing Since Sunday, Family Says
- ‘Logan Lucky’ Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh’s…
- ‘Gravity’ Helmer Alfonso Cuaron Exits WME; Anonymous Content Will Be Primary Rep
- Damien Chazelle Joins Twitter To Voice Opinion About Trump Administration, Political Climate
- Shawn Christian, Lou Ferrigno Jr., Sabina Gadecki & More Cast In Indie Film ‘Trapped’