I am not sure he’s going to say yes, but Jim Carrey is being courted by Universal to play a showy supporting role in Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall, the Jeff Wadlow-directed sequel to Matthew Vaughn’s crazy superhero movie. The character is called The Colonel, and he helps galvanize the team of misfit super heroes assembled to fight evil. The sequel brings back Chloe Moretz, Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage. Carrey is a big fan of Matthew Vaughn and his original Kick-Ass film. Here, he wore the Kick-Ass costume for a musical duet with a bearded Conan O’Brien. But dealmaking is dealmaking, and this is far from a sure thing, at this point just a great idea.
Jim Carrey Courted For 'Kick-Ass 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $216M-$220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”