I am not sure he’s going to say yes, but Jim Carrey is being courted by Universal to play a showy supporting role in Kick-Ass 2: Balls To The Wall, the Jeff Wadlow-directed sequel to Matthew Vaughn’s crazy superhero movie. The character is called The Colonel, and he helps galvanize the team of misfit super heroes assembled to fight evil. The sequel brings back Chloe Moretz, Aaron Johnson, Christopher Mintz-Plasse and Nicolas Cage. Carrey is a big fan of Matthew Vaughn and his original Kick-Ass film. Here, he wore the Kick-Ass costume for a musical duet with a bearded Conan O’Brien. But dealmaking is dealmaking, and this is far from a sure thing, at this point just a great idea.
Jim Carrey Courted For 'Kick-Ass 2'
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest Film News
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Gregg Allman, Pillar of Namesake Southern Rock Band, Dies at 69
- Harvey Weinstein Lauds Certain Regard Jury For Spotlight On Native American Issues In ‘Wind River’ – Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Wind River’s Taylor Sheridan, ‘A Man Of Integrity’, ‘April’s Daughter’ & More…
- A24 Hits The Festivals & The Oscars With Diverse Slate And Savvy Digital Marketing Strategy — Deadline Disruptors
- ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ Says Ahoy To $86.5M – Int’l Box Office Update