Paramount is looking hard for the female lead for its Jack Ryan franchise relaunch that will star Chris Pine in the CIA analyst role made famous by Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck. Kenneth Branagh is directing and playing the villain. I’m hearing that the frontrunner is Keira Knightley, and that Like Crazy‘s Felicity Jones and Lost‘s Evangeline Lilly are also in the mix. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel were initially approached but said no thanks. This is a high profile role — the future wife played by Anne Archer in the Harrison Ford films — and it should be sorted out soon. It involves options that would put the actress in potentially three pictures. Stay tuned.
Jack Ryan: Female Lead Between Keira Knightley, Felicity Jones, Evangeline Lilly
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount