Paramount is looking hard for the female lead for its Jack Ryan franchise relaunch that will star Chris Pine in the CIA analyst role made famous by Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford and Ben Affleck. Kenneth Branagh is directing and playing the villain. I’m hearing that the frontrunner is Keira Knightley, and that Like Crazy‘s Felicity Jones and Lost‘s Evangeline Lilly are also in the mix. Kate Beckinsale and Jessica Biel were initially approached but said no thanks. This is a high profile role — the future wife played by Anne Archer in the Harrison Ford films — and it should be sorted out soon. It involves options that would put the actress in potentially three pictures. Stay tuned.
Jack Ryan: Female Lead Between Keira Knightley, Felicity Jones, Evangeline Lilly
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver: Donald Trump's Tape Admission "Extraordinarily Stupid" Confirmation Of James Comey Testimony
Why 'Transformers' Is Screaming For Reboot After $68M Start; 'Wonder Woman' Steps On 'Cars 3' In 2nd-Place Fight - Monday AM
Latest Film News
- John Patrick Amedori, Ray Wise, & Madeline Zima Join ‘The Chain’ From David Martin-Porras
- Deanna Dunagan Joins ‘The Pages’; Roland Buck III Cast In ‘The Week Of’
- Longtime CAA Agent Jon Levin Exits Agency, Joins Beverly Hills-Based ROAR
- As Tuesday Board Meeting Nears, The Film Academy’s Soap Opera Continues
- Ben Affleck & Gavin O’Connor Back For ‘The Accountant’ Sequel; Will Jon Bernthal Return?
- Pure Flix Picks Up ‘A Question Of Faith’