They haven’t announced it officially yet, but my geek brethren are over it like a fat kid on a piece of cake. Director Steven Spielberg and executive producer George Lucas have set Raiders Of The Lost Ark to be released for an exclusive one-week engagement in select IMAX theatres beginning September 7, 2012. This falls just before the Blu-ray release of the Indiana Jones movies, which will go on sale Sept. 18. Isn’t it nice when Hollywood occasionally goes the extra mile to give grand treatment for a movie we want to see, as opposed to the 3D conversions of all the Star Wars movies. Here’s an idea. Do all the early Spielberg movies on IMAX, starting with The Duel and ending with…you know what, do all of them! I promise I will show up. Then, do Scorsese. And for that matter, who wouldn’t sit through IMAX releases of Godfather and Godfather 2?
IMAX Sets 'Raiders Of Lost Ark' Re-Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Christopher Nolan Shows Off 'Dunkirk,' Says “The Only Way To Carry You Through” The Film Is At A Theater – CinemaCon
Latest Film News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs Gets Pioneer Of The Year Award, Urges Diversity And Inclusion – CinemaCon
- WGA Says It’s Ready To Return To Bargaining Table – Update
- ‘Justice League’, ‘Wonder Woman’ & ‘Aquaman’ Fire Up Audience For Warner Bros…
- Fright Franchise ‘Five Nights At Freddy’s’ Blumhouse-Bound?
- Christopher Nolan Shows Off ‘Dunkirk,’ Says "The Only Way To Carry You Through" The Film Is At A Theater…
- ‘Annabelle 2’ Now Titled ‘Annabelle: Creation’ – CinemaCon