They haven’t announced it officially yet, but my geek brethren are over it like a fat kid on a piece of cake. Director Steven Spielberg and executive producer George Lucas have set Raiders Of The Lost Ark to be released for an exclusive one-week engagement in select IMAX theatres beginning September 7, 2012. This falls just before the Blu-ray release of the Indiana Jones movies, which will go on sale Sept. 18. Isn’t it nice when Hollywood occasionally goes the extra mile to give grand treatment for a movie we want to see, as opposed to the 3D conversions of all the Star Wars movies. Here’s an idea. Do all the early Spielberg movies on IMAX, starting with The Duel and ending with…you know what, do all of them! I promise I will show up. Then, do Scorsese. And for that matter, who wouldn’t sit through IMAX releases of Godfather and Godfather 2?
IMAX Sets 'Raiders Of Lost Ark' Re-Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’