They haven’t announced it officially yet, but my geek brethren are over it like a fat kid on a piece of cake. Director Steven Spielberg and executive producer George Lucas have set Raiders Of The Lost Ark to be released for an exclusive one-week engagement in select IMAX theatres beginning September 7, 2012. This falls just before the Blu-ray release of the Indiana Jones movies, which will go on sale Sept. 18. Isn’t it nice when Hollywood occasionally goes the extra mile to give grand treatment for a movie we want to see, as opposed to the 3D conversions of all the Star Wars movies. Here’s an idea. Do all the early Spielberg movies on IMAX, starting with The Duel and ending with…you know what, do all of them! I promise I will show up. Then, do Scorsese. And for that matter, who wouldn’t sit through IMAX releases of Godfather and Godfather 2?
IMAX Sets 'Raiders Of Lost Ark' Re-Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment
- Pierce Brosnan Talks ‘Spinning Man’ On The Los Angeles Set – Cannes Market
- A24 & Picturehouse Partner For ‘A Ghost Story’ UK Release
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Trailer Depicts Young Peter Parker As Spidey-In-Making
- Final ‘Valerian’ Trailer Takes A Look At City Of A Thousand Planets