They haven’t announced it officially yet, but my geek brethren are over it like a fat kid on a piece of cake. Director Steven Spielberg and executive producer George Lucas have set Raiders Of The Lost Ark to be released for an exclusive one-week engagement in select IMAX theatres beginning September 7, 2012. This falls just before the Blu-ray release of the Indiana Jones movies, which will go on sale Sept. 18. Isn’t it nice when Hollywood occasionally goes the extra mile to give grand treatment for a movie we want to see, as opposed to the 3D conversions of all the Star Wars movies. Here’s an idea. Do all the early Spielberg movies on IMAX, starting with The Duel and ending with…you know what, do all of them! I promise I will show up. Then, do Scorsese. And for that matter, who wouldn’t sit through IMAX releases of Godfather and Godfather 2?
IMAX Sets 'Raiders Of Lost Ark' Re-Release
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’