IFC has launched an “Adopt-A-Comic” program designed to spotlight the standout work of comedians who share the cable network’s “Slightly Off” sensibilities. The network’s first “adoptee” is comedian Chris Gethard (The Chris Gethard Show) who will develop his own comedy series for IFC based on his recent book, A Bad Idea I’m About To Do: True Tales Of Seriously Poor Judgment And Stunningly Awkward Adventure. IFC has ordered a pilot script of the project. Additionally, Gethard will host on-air programming, create exclusive content for IFC.com and more. “When I told my parents I was being adopted by a television station, they said ‘Why do you need to be adopted? You are 32 years old. We gave you a pretty good, easy suburban life,’” Gethard said. “They don’t get how much of an opportunity it is for me that a hip cable network wants to raise me like a human baby.” Next year, Gethard will be seen in Iron Man 3 and is currently shooting Paul Feig’s The Heat starring Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy for 20th Century Fox.
IFC Inks Deal With Chris Gethard Under New Programming Initiative For Comedians
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Patti Deutsch Dies: ‘Laugh-In’ And ‘Match Game’ Regular & Veteran Voice Actor Was 73
- Kathy Griffin Says She’s Been “Cleared” In Federal Probe Of Her Severed Trump Head Photo
- ‘Outlander’ Keeps Cast And Viewers On Their Time-Traveling Toes In Season 3 – TCA
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Star Sues Ex-Manager Over “Sham” Contract & Commissions
- ‘Manhunt: Unabomber’ Review: Sam Worthington & Paul Bettany Are Riveting
- ‘Howards End’ EP On How Starz Period Drama Is Relevant Today – TCA