Who says DVDs are dead? Oh that’s right, the studios. But not when they sell a movie the public really wants. Countless fans lined up across the country in anticipation of the midnight release of Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games DVD and Blu-ray. Cast members made special appearances at select Walmart locations in Phoenix, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles, greeting the fans and signing DVDs and Blu-rays. There was a special launch event at Toys ‘R’ Us in NYC’s Times Square today. (Photo from Walmart in Dallas.) To date The Hunger Games directed by Gary Ross and starring Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson has grossed $684.5M worldwide since its release in March.
Huge Crowds To Buy 'Hunger Games' DVD
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More