Who says DVDs are dead? Oh that’s right, the studios. But not when they sell a movie the public really wants. Countless fans lined up across the country in anticipation of the midnight release of Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games DVD and Blu-ray. Cast members made special appearances at select Walmart locations in Phoenix, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles, greeting the fans and signing DVDs and Blu-rays. There was a special launch event at Toys ‘R’ Us in NYC’s Times Square today. (Photo from Walmart in Dallas.) To date The Hunger Games directed by Gary Ross and starring Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson has grossed $684.5M worldwide since its release in March.
Huge Crowds To Buy 'Hunger Games' DVD
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Weinstein Company Launches Mizchief Animated Film Label
- China’s Puji Capital Invests In Peter Guber’s Mandalay Endurance
- Patty Jenkins In Final Negotiations On Historic Deal To Helm ‘Wonder Woman 2’
- Ryan Kavanaugh Sued For Fraud By Relativity Investor
- Eric Zumbrunnen Dies: Spike Jonze’s Go-To Film Editor Was 52
- Michael B. Jordan, Jennifer Yuh Nelson Plot ‘A Bittersweet Life’ For Fox & 21 Laps