Who says DVDs are dead? Oh that’s right, the studios. But not when they sell a movie the public really wants. Countless fans lined up across the country in anticipation of the midnight release of Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games DVD and Blu-ray. Cast members made special appearances at select Walmart locations in Phoenix, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles, greeting the fans and signing DVDs and Blu-rays. There was a special launch event at Toys ‘R’ Us in NYC’s Times Square today. (Photo from Walmart in Dallas.) To date The Hunger Games directed by Gary Ross and starring Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson has grossed $684.5M worldwide since its release in March.
Huge Crowds To Buy 'Hunger Games' DVD
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero