Who says DVDs are dead? Oh that’s right, the studios. But not when they sell a movie the public really wants. Countless fans lined up across the country in anticipation of the midnight release of Lionsgate’s The Hunger Games DVD and Blu-ray. Cast members made special appearances at select Walmart locations in Phoenix, Miami, Dallas, Atlanta, and Los Angeles, greeting the fans and signing DVDs and Blu-rays. There was a special launch event at Toys ‘R’ Us in NYC’s Times Square today. (Photo from Walmart in Dallas.) To date The Hunger Games directed by Gary Ross and starring Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, and Josh Hutcherson has grossed $684.5M worldwide since its release in March.
Huge Crowds To Buy 'Hunger Games' DVD
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”